What's new

Question how do you install games onto a modded xbox 360?

S

Solmin1552

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to install games onto my modded xbox, by inserting the CD then using xex menu to copy all of the files, onto my hard drive, then when I test it by opening the default.xex the game opens then freezes on the opening screen. I'm following all of the tutorials exactly so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

s o n n y

s o n n y

Premium
Premium
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
not sure why your game is freezing is it a original xbox game?
if so you may need to install the hacked compatibility

also try copying your game with aurora

R

ronsonol

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are using Aurora dash, you can also try the utility script to copy the dvd/cd to game on demand (GOD) format. The script can be installed by selecting the Select button --> Scripts. Find the script in the utility section of the repo.

S

Solmin1552

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
no they aren't xbox original games, I can put the cd in and play the game from the CD, but I can't copy the game files, every game I try to copy the xbox just refuses to copy all of the files. for example, when I tried to copy the files from my halo reach CD, it was able to copy every file except 2 random files, I've tried selecting just those 2 files to see if I can copy those over, but for some reason the xbox refuses to copy just those 2 files specifically, I've even tried copying only those 2 files onto a usb, but it couldn't copy. every game I've tried to copy had that problem where only a few specific files refused to copy over. I can play games, if I download the ISO from online, then extract that onto a usb and copy it over to my xbox, so if theres no solution to this problem, at least I can still download games from online, but it's really inconvenient because each game ISO takes 3-8 hours to download.

s o n n y

s o n n y

Premium
Premium
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
no they aren't xbox original games, I can put the cd in and play the game from the CD, but I can't copy the game files, every game I try to copy the xbox just refuses to copy all of the files. for example, when I tried to copy the files from my halo reach CD, it was able to copy every file except 2 random files, I've tried selecting just those 2 files to see if I can copy those over, but for some reason the xbox refuses to copy just those 2 files specifically, I've even tried copying only those 2 files onto a usb, but it couldn't copy. every game I've tried to copy had that problem where only a few specific files refused to copy over. I can play games, if I download the ISO from online, then extract that onto a usb and copy it over to my xbox, so if theres no solution to this problem, at least I can still download games from online, but it's really inconvenient because each game ISO takes 3-8 hours to download.
i dont have a solution but have you tried copying those 2 files with aurora

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Get rid of Aurora dashboard and use Freestyle Dash (FSD 3) instead.
Only problems i've ever came across copying my 360 game discs onto the HDD with FSD is if the game disc is badly scratched.

S

Solmin1552

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
yes I've tried copying those 2 files with both aurora and xex menu, but nothing worked. I'll try with freestyle dash this weekend and post any updates

Top Bottom
Login
Register