What's new

Question How do you get the MW3 offsets?

I

Independ497

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Community,

I have a very weird and certainly stupid question.
It's about how to get the offsets from games like MW3. And I know that there are a few dozen threads for it but these are mostly relatively old. My problem is rather the environment. What I unterstand from the most tutorials, I need the program IDA Pro with some plugins (PowerPC, Xex Loader). But nowadays it's almost impossible to get all 3 things. The current version of IDA Pro 7.x is no longer compatible with most plugin versions available for download, and the IDA Pro version that is compatible is not found.

Since some of you are already busy figuring out the TU24 offsets, how do you do it? What do you use for programs, where did you get these from, do I approach the whole thing maybe completely wrong?

I hope someone can help me here.

Greetings

R

Reckfullies

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't been able to find any updated plugins for IDA 7, though I haven't really looked that hard. I suppose you could update them if you really wanted to, not sure how difficult it would be.

I don't really use IDA for this anymore, but when I do I just use the old IDA 6.0/6.1 with the plugins that are available for it. A devkit or at least rgloader is also useful for better debugging, not really necessary though.

As for where to get IDA 6, I know the premium section here has downloads for that but I'm sure you can also just find it on google. Last I checked there is an old thread that provides the 6.0 plugins and says how to use them.

Upvote 0
xChillest

xChillest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Warning: this is going to sound like a ridiculous amount of work just for some mw3 offsets.

I have IDA 6.6, works perfectly fine for me. XeXTool is a necessity, you have to decompress/unencrypt the xex before loading it in IDA.
I started with cod4, opened the leaked pdb in one instance of IDA and the tu4 xex i used on my console and started porting everything over. after about 1500+ labeled functions, do the same thing for MW2 using the cod4a and the xex I just labeled. Repeat again for MW3. Some functions change a bit, most stay the same. Again, this sounds like a ludicrous amount of work for someone who just wants some mw3 offsets, but i did it because i wanted all of the games labeled as much as possible. glhf

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register