How do you get recon armor? i want it so bad

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by jacksonr093, Jan 21, 2009 with 35 replies and 12,720 views.

1. jacksonr093

jacksonr093 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hey :smile:
    i have looked on so many sites to try and find how to get recon armor!
    does anyone know how to get recon armor?
    is there a glitch or do you have to do it a certain way?
    wb cause i want it so bad! lol

2. JaxJags

JaxJags Contributor

Ratings:
    You can get it by modding offline. But you can get it when ODST comes out.

3. EchoX360

EchoX360 Newbie

Ratings:
    Once the new ODST comes out, you'll be able to get the rest of the VidMaster Achievements, once you get those, Recon is available

4. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Wrong section. Your not submitting a tutorial , your asking a question, the answer to which could be found by a simple google search or by using the search button on the top right of the page.

Reported.

5. cidman79

cidman79 Newbie

Ratings:
    i dont think you will get same version of recon. it will be different. only pros, bungie,and select players recieve recon.

6. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Nah its the same recon. Flaming is for bungie and pros.

7. cidman79

cidman79 Newbie

Ratings:
    o to bungie.net it explains that all vid master acheivemnents will give you the new osdt recon armor.

this is the exact web site i am talking about

[Click here to view the link]

8. II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Since when? How?

9. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    If you don't have a devkit don't worry about it.

Bungie grants recon to whoever they want, trying to earn it, and asking for it are ways to get put on their 'Blacklist' of people never to earn it, I'd just try to get the vidmaster achievements if I were you.

10. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Flaming is ONLY for bungie, not even pros have it.

11. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    They will need some new kind of armor now, since everyone can access recon...

But I have never seen or heard of a FLAMING Head lol
    [​IMG]

But really, no clue how to get Recon lol

12. II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Why would pros get recon? I know lots of pros

13. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    I didn't mean pro's like MLG, I meant like famous people sorta like the guys who made arby and the chief or wtf it's called. IDK why I said pros musta been high.

Also bungie said there will be no new armor thats downloadable becuz it would cause some people to have it online and others wouldn't be able to load the armor cuz they didn't have it so they couldn't play with people with new armor. And it's impossible to have an update for new armor becuz it would have to be in the game already. The only way bungie could do something is if they made an armor pack and didn't let anyone go on XBL till the downloaded it.

14. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Pro's don't get recon. Idk why anyone said that. Its for bungies close friends or if you make a map that all the bungie employees have a great time playing on. Bungie doesn't care if you are a pro...

(Badenriver posted when I posted.)

15. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Pros are the top MLG 16 teams right? Just list the ones you know, and only famous ones get recon, not all of them.

16. SheanZ

SheanZ Newbie

Ratings:
    Pretty much have the be bungie's pet or do something fantastic and/or donate a lot of time to the bungie community to get recon.

17. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Its actually because the armor is hard-coded into the game so you can't update it.

Oh, and Jackson, it's your lucky day, from Bungie.net:
    [Click here to view the link]

18. IAmTheMessenger

IAmTheMessenger Newbie

Ratings:
    Oh snap, think of the 9 million annoying kids wanting Teh Reconz who are going to be spamming the Bungie boards about it. Way to go Bungie for adding even more fuel to the pointless Recon fire. lol

19. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Damn, thats what I was going to post. But you beat me to it. Whatever. And they did that last year too, so now there will be even more people with recon. But this is probably going to be one of the last chances to get recon before getting all the vidmaster achievements.

20. R 2 DA ellik

R 2 DA ellik Newbie

Ratings:
    by the way when you ppl call it a flaming head its actully a body piece that is the flaming part, that way u can have any flaming head and not all pros have it iether you get recon by sending in a good pic, vidoe, map, or even game varient, and yes next weekend you can get recon but you have to take a good pic or vidoe or reching lv 50 in the playlist, ppl got recon for reaching 50 in the rank zombie playlist, but flaming head is for bungie and anyone can get recon, and there is talk about the recon u get wiht halo odst it might and string chance that it will be differnt then the one that you guys want......my friend got recon and he got it b/c on the pit he got a double splatter withthe parking cones, also if u get 3 splatters they will give u recon but thats my imput i just thought i would helpo you guys out, and dont belive ppl that say thell get it for you and that u give them ur acc and stuff, they can get it themselfs and bunging is craking down on ppl that have hacked and got recon....but ya so im out for now i know alot about this stuff so replay back if you have any questions...ill try to answer them to the best of my abillties.

by the way this is also my gamer tag so messge me over xbox live if you wanna play or somehting im working on getting my 50 im lv 48 right now....so im pretty good and im trying to get on this pro team so let me know if you want to play or if you want some help ranking up, im a nice guy so ill help you out as much as i can, i cant do everything thought :.( but ill do my best :thumbup: