What's new

Unsolved How do you bypass the 15 character limit for gamertag changer.

• Thread starter JOKEROFXBOX
  • Start date
  • Views 7,263
J

JOKEROFXBOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says, how do you bypass the 15 character limit for a gamertag changer? Someone came into my game a couple of weeks ago and had a 40+ character gamertag saying "Subscribe to my channel ******* channel here*". Just wanted to know how he did it. I looked for a tool which could bypass the limit but I did not find any tool to do such a thing. I've asked coders, and all of them said "It's not possible" Well... they're wrong. So if you're gonna say in a reply that it's not possible don't even bother answering.

G

gamer7112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hook xamusergetname

X

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Reaction score
How do you do this exactly?
You would have to hook into XamUserGetName via a Plugin wrote in C++ not sure if you'd be able to do it in C# via a remote connection or not you probably could but im not 100% sure

Last edited:
G

gamer7112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would have to hook into XamUserGetName via a Plugin wrote in C++ not sure if you'd be able to do it in C# via a remote connection or not you probably could but im not 100% sure
Correct and it is possible through a c# tool because i've done it already

X

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Reaction score
Just in C# hooking and all?

X

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Reaction score
yea its much harder if you dont know ppc
I'm not gonna sit here and say I know everything about PPC but from what i've seen of the function XamUserGetName in IDA im still a bit unsure is returning a name that is any length really all you need to do?

G

gamer7112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not gonna sit here and say I know everything about PPC but from what i've seen of the function XamUserGetName in IDA im still a bit unsure is returning a name that is any length really all you need to do?
you store the name you want into the buffer that is used it can be any length but cod will reduce it to 32 characters

X

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Reaction score
you store the name you want into the buffer that is used it can be any length but cod will reduce it to 32 characters
Alright thanks for explaining it a little more man much appreciated.

J

JOKEROFXBOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I knew how to do anything of what you said... Thought it was gonna be as easy as slapping a plugin in. Was very wrong.

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
I wish I knew how to do anything of what you said... Thought it was gonna be as easy as slapping a plugin in. Was very wrong.
Yeah, they're not trying to help you, so disregard what's above. G gamer7112 was just show off the lenght of his virtual penis.

More on topic: it would be as simple as throwing on a DashLaunch plugin, or using a tool, so you're not wrong about that.
You'd just have to one those and I don't know if there are any public ones.

J

JOKEROFXBOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they're not trying to help you, so disregard what's above. G gamer7112 was just show off the lenght of his virtual penis.

More on topic: it would be as simple as throwing on a DashLaunch plugin, or using a tool, so you're not wrong about that.
You'd just have to one those and I don't know if there are any public ones.
Would you be able to make one? Or is it not that easy to make?

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Would you be able to make one? Or is it not that easy to make?
Don't have much PPC knowledge, so not sure. Maybe if I really put my mind to it and used the information from here.

Either way, I'm not gonna bother, sorry.
I've lost interested in making this stuff long ago.

J

JOKEROFXBOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have much PPC knowledge, so not sure. Maybe if I really put my mind to it and used the information from here.

Either way, I'm not gonna bother, sorry.
I've lost interested in making this stuff long ago.
Alright, yeah that's fine. Not gonna make you go out of your way. Thanks for the info tho.

Top Bottom