How do view an IP address threw a Gamer Tag?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by KnOwN As FieRcE, Jul 22, 2009 with 38 replies and 41,409 views.

1. KnOwN As FieRcE

KnOwN As FieRcE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey guys Im new to this site but I was wondering if you guys knew of a program to download that would let me view some ones IP address by Gamer tag, or something in that nature.

Thanks, Austin:thumbup:

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    impossible, you could only find an ip address if you were connected to them such as in a game lobby.

3. OP
    KnOwN As FieRcE

Ratings:
    well yeah that what I ment or in a game

4. halo123noob

halo123noob Banned

Ratings:
    You can always use Cain, but i dont think you will ever find a program that shows there gamertag and there ip. But if you looking for something to show just there ip then use cain.

5. xD3sIReDx

xD3sIReDx Newbie

Ratings:

Thats the only way i know of.

6. thatguyyouknow

thatguyyouknow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if someone emails you then you can but through gt no

7. OP
    KnOwN As FieRcE

Ratings:
    well Idk what cain is could some one explain it and how it works?

8. Holo

Holo I am Holo, and Holo is all that I am Retired

Ratings:
    cain and abel? its a program used to bridge host. it also finds ip's. it finds all the ip's that are in your lobby. its been around for a long time. it was most commonly used in h2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. enoop

enoop Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I would recommend ION its an older program made for halo 2 but it only shows the ips of xbox live the game your playing servers and the peoples ip in your game or party. Also you can customize it so that it show what name you want instead of a random name that makes no sense to you. It has a built in auto stanbyer and a ip adder for older versions of zone alarm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    KnOwN As FieRcE

Ratings:
    Thanks guys but one last thing could some one link me to an ION downloader? I have both a mac and pc, but I would like to get it for mac if they make it cus thats my labtop. Sorry If I sound like a noob, Im just new at this stuff

11. Palaeeudyptinae

Palaeeudyptinae Newbie

Ratings:
    I doubt there will ever be an application that will show gamertags next to the ip address. The only way that will ever be possible is if microsoft release a feature that shows the ip of the player (Which will never happen).

I recommend using Cain & Abel
    or if you have a bridged connection use CommView

• Like Like x 1
  12. yermommy

yermommy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    are you trying to "host boot"?

13. OP
    KnOwN As FieRcE

Ratings:
    na for get about it now guys I don't need it

14. cjrich352

cjrich352 Newbie

Ratings:
    is there a program that can give me ip adresses other than cain and commview???i need a different one that works exactly like cain but vista compatible...please messagve me on aim...cj8733=my aim!!please

15. badef

badef Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Cain and commview are both vista compatible unless your talking about 64-bit then idk.

16. IRLJoEoH

IRLJoEoH Newbie

Ratings:
    hi

17. Tha EndGame

Tha EndGame Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I don't think you can use cain & abel anymore, as it makes you lag out of the game you're in. (At least, happened to me and a bunch of my friends.) Commview requires a crossover cable I believe. I've personally been using a program called "lanc" There doesn't seem to be an official download for it, but if you find a clean safe one, it's the easiest program I've ever crossed to get IP's.

18. Poptart Mods

Poptart Mods C# Beginner

Ratings:
    Why don't you upload it to Mega and provide everyone with a dl? I personally don't need it, considering I have Call of DDoS(A tool that can only be used on modified xbox's such as a JTag), and xbox360isbest (makes tools for JTags) added IP grabbing to one of his tools.

19. Tha EndGame

Tha EndGame Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I could, but I'm not a high up member, so no one would want it. If more people ask, then I will.

20. Poptart Mods

Poptart Mods C# Beginner

Ratings:
    Being "High Up" doesn't really matter. Just upload it with a virus total link, add a brief description, with a few pictures and I'm sure people would download it.