how do u rank up?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by RagingMonkey74, Nov 12, 2008 with 22 replies and 983 views.

1. RagingMonkey74

RagingMonkey74 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :cursing: i dont understand at all..... ive played alot of games with friends and they keep ranking up and i dont... my wingman partner went 1 and 5.. I went 11 and 1... and he ranked up wtf? can somebody explain?

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Ya I have no idea...ranking is nuts in this game

3. CABOOSE27x

CABOOSE27x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    its so weird maybe a bug? hopfully fixed in the first update

4. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    I believe the ranking system works through out all the gametypes once you get a certain rank you must play other gametypes in order to work towards your rank to rank up for example if you play nothing but Elimination and your the gold rank (3 bars) in order to get the next rank you need to play afew games of Wingman & Territories then so on and so on.......

5. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I'm being told over and over that its based on Win/Lose ration but if you quit you lose more exp.

6. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    thats not true because iwas playing with my friend and we lossed and he ranked up

7. Faevius

Faevius Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm not sure if it is any of these really. I play everything but I'm stuck at 3 gold bar. I won games all night long. Every gametype too, and still stuck on the gold bars.

8. Soapy

Soapy Banned

Ratings:
    Its based on true skill, so like raito deaths kills etc..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    that cant be it cause theres different K/D ratios for each gametype thats why i was saying i think it has to do with playing all the gametypes

and my overrall K/D is almost a 2.0 its like 1.97 or somthing like that and im stuck

10. I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY Contributor

Ratings:
    defently not based on the ratios, my k/d ratio and win ratio is better then my friend, and he ranked up to the after gold bars, and im still stuck at gold bars, being like 400 in guardian

11. Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    You just have to do good overall in order to rank up.

12. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The ranking system is 5 ranks high, it is based on matches won and true skill.

If you win when the system estimated you would win: You go up in TrueSkill*
    If you win when the system estimated you would lose: You go up in TrueSkill slightly more*
    If you lose when the system estimated you would lose: You go down in TrueSkill*
    If you lose when the system estimated you would win: You go down in TrueSkill more*

That is something the forum said. but its not fully accurate.

Here is some research on true skill [Click here to view the link]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Sounds very statistically correct!

14. TehPhelix

Ratings:
    Well it isn't the official scale, it was just done through some observations and researching but this is what they believe among other factors.

15. Faevius

Faevius Enthusiast

Ratings:
    But I've had friends that lost and ranked up though. Anyways, after win after win and no losses. (about 20 matches) I was owning in 1 match and got a triple headshot in a row, and ended the game going 13 kills 2 deaths with 6 headshots. Guess it is about how you do in the game.

16. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    lol Maybe it's just random? So far we have like no proof of it working correctly. Maybe it just ranks you up and down as it pleases? :lol:

17. TehPhelix

Ratings:
    Most likely, I have won the past 40 games and have yet to rank up from 3 so. I know i won because for every one I forced myself host and was invisible. Maybe that is the big secret.

18. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Definitely a possibility :wink:

19. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    Ya, I'd put my bet on it being based off True Skill.

20. ll modz R legit ll

ll modz R legit ll Newbie

Ratings:
    it was weird when i ranked up i went from the first rank to the 3 gold bars in one game i was confused but happy at the same time:thumbup: