What's new

Solved how do I unsolder a 4gb nand reader kit?

• Thread starter TheRedishFire
  • Start date
  • Views 511
TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The points are so far away from each other so how do I get if off my Corona

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess they are but a 4gb nand reader is expensive so I would like to reuse it
QSB'S aren't meant to be reused. Especially the 4gb Ones. Chances are when you try to remove it you are going to lift one of those points.

But if you are dead set on rremoving it, make sure and use desoldering braid to take as much solder off as you can.

TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
QSB'S aren't meant to be reused. Especially the 4gb Ones. Chances are when you try to remove it you are going to lift one of those points.

But if you are dead set on rremoving it, make sure and use desoldering braid to take as much solder off as you can.
Ok sounds like its a really back idea to remove it ill just keep it on I wish there was a kit that wasn't a qsb so it could be reused oh well.

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Some people use baking paper, to slide underneath PCB's, but you have to be careful, remove all the solder you can first.

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Or a heatgun lol. That just sounds like a terrible idea and I could easily mess it up

Use at your own risk!

Remove as much solder as you can with solder wick and plenty of flux. Then have the baking paper under the end your de-soldering, melt the first joint while lifting it up a little and slide the baking paper under the joint, it stops the solder from joining back up again, keep going along till their all done.

It worked fine for me with a R-Jtag QSB.

Top Bottom
Login
Register