What's new

Question How do I unlock an iPhone 3GS without jail breaking it?

Weeb

Wee Bro x Diie

Leech®
Fabled Veteran Contest Sponsor Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
So I buy a new phone, claims its unlocked, I buy a sim but now the phone needs to be unlocked, so how do I unlock it without jail breaking it?

Thanks

Operating System
  1. iOS
Chrishockey55

Chrishockey55

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
Platinum Record Programmer Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope ^

what service provider is it locked to

You could do an apple factory unlock

I could help you with that (what service provider)

Chrishockey55

Chrishockey55

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
its on vodafone, but can I un-jailbreak it after?
no vodaphone egypt ... which one lol

its not a jailbreak you run nothing you just back it up to itunes than you give them your ime than you restore your phone than you plug it into itunes and you get the message its unlocked..

nothing to download nothing to install

its like you bought the phone straight from apple.

Weeb

Wee Bro x Diie

Leech®
Reaction score
Sin$
no vodaphone egypt ... which one lol

its not a jailbreak you run nothing you just back it up to itunes than you give them your ime than you restore your phone than you plug it into itunes and you get the message its unlocked..

nothing to download nothing to install

its like you bought the phone straight from apple.
vodafone uk

Chrishockey55

Chrishockey55

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
what if I take it into the store?

idk im from the us so...

but if you want it within 2 days your best bet would be that 85 but thats totally up to you

if you go to the store they will most likely jailbreak it..

The factory unlock sticks on your phone itself once its unlock you use it how you would have used it such as accepting updates and everything as you would if you bought it from the apple store.

Weeb

Wee Bro x Diie

Leech®
Reaction score
Sin$
idk im from the us so...

but if you want it within 2 days your best bet would be that 85 but thats totally up to you

if you go to the store they will most likely jailbreak it..

The factory unlock sticks on your phone itself once its unlock you use it how you would have used it such as accepting updates and everything as you would if you bought it from the apple store.
so vodafone would do a factory unlock for me, and it wouldn't be jail broken? I mean I would jail break it to unlock it, but I don't want to keep it jailbroken, and I dont want to have to unlock it after every firmware update

Chrishockey55

Chrishockey55

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
so vodafone would do a factory unlock for me, and it wouldn't be jail broken? I mean I would jail break it to unlock it, but I don't want to keep it jailbroken, and I dont want to have to unlock it after every firmware update
no i will do a factory unlock for you for 85gpd if you deicded ...

vodaphone why would they unlock the phone they make money holding you to there contract..

It wont be jailbroken ... IT would be factory unlocked meaning the phone is unlocked you could use it on any service provider.

Yeah unlocking it once (factory unlock) will keep it locked forever

Weeb

Wee Bro x Diie

Leech®
Reaction score
Sin$
no i will do a factory unlock for you for 85gpd if you deicded ...

vodaphone why would they unlock the phone they make money holding you to there contract..

It wont be jailbroken ... IT would be factory unlocked meaning the phone is unlocked you could use it on any service provider.

Yeah unlocking it once (factory unlock) will keep it locked forever
vodafone do, do unlocks, and also I cant afford to pay you £85, my phone cost £90 its self, and plus I can just go to a store and they'll do it for £15, I only posted this up for an easier free way to do it at home, but the Redsn0w keeps getting stuck when I try to "Just boot" at some sort of missing keys file thing, I get this message "Missing keys.plist data for this build"

Infantry

Infantry

Chance The Rapper.
Reaction score
Sin$
vodafone do, do unlocks, and also I cant afford to pay you £85, my phone cost £90 its self, and plus I can just go to a store and they'll do it for £15, I only posted this up for an easier free way to do it at home, but the Redsn0w keeps getting stuck when I try to "Just boot" at some sort of missing keys file thing, I get this message"Missing keys.plist data for this build"

Power Off the Phone, don't just hold the power button for it to go off. Hold the power button the slide to turn it off, then from there put it into dfu mode. It's really easy! XD!

danguy2009

danguy2009

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
vodafone do, do unlocks, and also I cant afford to pay you £85, my phone cost £90 its self, and plus I can just go to a store and they'll do it for £15, I only posted this up for an easier free way to do it at home, but the Redsn0w keeps getting stuck when I try to "Just boot" at some sort of missing keys file thing, I get this message"Missing keys.plist data for this build"

For the missing keys.plist all you have to do is download the ios 6.0 (not 6.0.1) click extras then select ipsw and load the 6.0 you downloaded.

PS OP, if you do decide to Jailbreak unlock with ultrasn0w DO NOT do it on a iphone with serial number higher than xx136 as it will perm brick the baseband chip and youll have no IMEI, BT or WIFI

Top Bottom
Login
Register