What's new

Discussion How do I transfer music iPod to Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Svax

Svax

Getting There
Reaction score
I don't have any of my music backed up in my actual iTunes library on my Mac, it's all just on my ipod touch device.

I found TuneAid works but I need to buy the full version to be able to transfer all of my songs :frown: Trial is only 25 songs.

Is there a free way to do this? I was trying to look up ways to mount my iPod but couldn't find any good tuts. Please someone help me out here :blink:

Edit: It doesn't have to be just directly to iTunes either. I just want to transfer all of my songs on my ipod to one folder on my mac or something so I can transfer them to my android :thumbup1:

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
Sn1per 117

Sn1per 117

Getting There
Reaction score
What kind of iPod? If it's an iPod touch and it's jailbroken I know of an easy way.

VATS

VATS

Vault 101
Reaction score
I don't have any of my music backed up in my actual iTunes library on my Mac, it's all just on my ipod touch device.

I found TuneAid works but I need to buy the full version to be able to transfer all of my songs :frown: Trial is only 25 songs.

Is there a free way to do this? I was trying to look up ways to mount my iPod but couldn't find any good tuts. Please someone help me out here :blink:

Edit: It doesn't have to be just directly to iTunes either. I just want to transfer all of my songs on my ipod to one folder on my mac or something so I can transfer them to my android :thumbup1:

Try using one of these programs to transfer songs from your iPod, directly to your Mac. :thumbup: The 5 in that list are freeware. Personally, I would stay away from SongBird, but that's just my preference.
Click/Tap Here
Code:
http://www.mac-dvd.com/top5-free-mac-ipod-file-transfers.html

Here are 2 alternate Mac apps, but these two are not free.

Senuti
iRip

Sn1per 117

Sn1per 117

Getting There
Reaction score
It's a jailbroken ipod touch, yes :smile:

2nd gen 4.0.2
Do you know how to connect to it through ssh already? You can transfer all of your songs from your iPods actual file system like that. It won't be really fast though, but it will get the job done.

Bwop Meat

Bwop Meat

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
There are 2 things I think you can do;
1) Hook it into the Computer, go into My Computer > Click your Device > Music > Make a folder > Drag all the music into it (Not 100% sure if this works.
2) Go into iTunes with the iPod hooked in and it will ask if you want to transfer music into the library, hit yes.

B

Baron Barret

Reaction score
I'd like to say that this is also one of the annoying problems that make me mad. Once I want to copy my iPod music to Mac, but it did't works. I don't know how to transfer music from iPod to Mac. But I really want to save my songs to Mac.
Then I seek for help on the internet. And many people give me tips, I solve the problems now.
Here I give you the tips I try before and I hope it can do something for you.
1.Switch the iPod to manual update.
2.Open iTunes on your old computer.
3.Click the Manually manage music button. Changing from automatic updating to manual puts a check mark by Enable disk use.Click Apply at the bottom right of the iTunes window.

C

cristina2014

Reaction score
I once saw a tutorial for teaching to pass music from ipod to Mac computers. Leave to decrypted songs and use them seamlessly with any player name and be able to easily find a song from folders and not from some program, that's what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom