What's new

Question How do I start modding PS3?

J

JerDanTheMan

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey. I want to start modding my PS3 but I don't know where to start. Every time I start researching something I discover something new.
  • I want to start with offline modding. - (Specifically bo2 private or custom game)
  • And is there a way to download and play offline PS3 games that I don't have from a computer using a flash drive or cord directly from android phone?
Where do I start? I'm new and I don't understand the terms or what is needed.
Rom? Compressed files? Unzip? PSNinja?
Jailbreak? Root?
- what order do I do things?
- How do I keep from getting banned?

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey. I want to start modding my PS3 but I don't know where to start. Every time I start researching something I discover something new.
  • I want to start with offline modding. - (Specifically bo2 private or custom game)
  • And is there a way to download and play offline PS3 games that I don't have from a computer using a flash drive or cord directly from android phone?
Where do I start? I'm new and I don't understand the terms or what is needed.
Rom? Compressed files? Unzip? PSNinja?
Jailbreak? Root?
- what order do I do things?
- How do I keep from getting banned?
You need Jailbreak PS3 to mod games online/offline. Jailbreak is what use to mod games you want to play. You can purchase them from Ebay. You can also purchase 3.55 OFW all you have to do is install Rebug 4.84 Jailbreak so you can mod games.

Jailbreak PS3: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jailbroken...472735?hash=item1a796f151f:g:JC0AAOSw6xVcpGOO

3.55 OFW PS3 SLIM:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...TRC1.A0.H0.X3.55+.TRS0&_nkw=3.55+ps3&_sacat=0

PSN Ninja, PSN Patch are homebrew apps that reduced chances of getting banned. It doesn't keep you 100% of getting banned. Some people may have luck than others of years of modding and not get banned.

Their two different types of banned. You can get account banned which means once that happens you screwed and you can't unban account so never use your main account when modding on the Jailbreak system.

Console Banned you can unban the console by purchase or using Console CID. You can change the Console CID by using CCAPI console thing that you can download on your computer which is the easier way.

If you don't won't to get banned than DO NOT MOD ON YOUR JAILBREAK CONSOLE ONLINE.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
J

JerDanTheMan

Reaction score
Sin$
Good to know. Does this also apply to Xbox 360? I think I'll learn to mod on that instead as I do not have online for it.

Plus my brothers would be upset if I messed up the PS3. No one uses the Xbox anymore.

Top Bottom
Login
Register