What's new

Question How do I mod a gamemode/gametype?

KJTR

KJTR

The banana king
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to copy characteristics of Anniversary Classic and Juggernaut into slayer. Does anyone know the name of the tool to edit the game modes so i can play it on my rgh?

boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
heres what I did on halo 5 forge pc

i made an oddball variant Called juggernaut.
the person with the ball gets damage resistance 300%, but carriers shields remain the same. It makes them tougher.

you set points like so
you get zero points for holding the oddball. Even over time, zero pts
you get one point for any regular kill, when you are not the carrier
you get 10 points for each melee kill using the oddball skull as carrier
points to win is 250.

time limit 15 mins or so
then with this setting, the Juggernaut is Whoever has the oddball.
to win you need to get 25 melee kills as the juggernaut (oddball skull)
you do get a point for any kills, so that players Stay in game
but to win realistically You need 25 juggernaut kills

thats my way for juggernaut.
i turn it so if U jump off the edge by accident you don’t lose any points

I know what u sayin tho, how to make custom game types.I want to know this for real too.

Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
each map file has its own tags for scenarios like ctf oddball salyer assault Territories et cetera. I remember that adding a new map to halo 2 you had to actually modify the mainmenu.map file as well.

so you might be looking at extracting the scenario for juggernaught from h2 for each map Then injecting meta to each mapfile for the game u want (H3,reach,h4) using assembly. Then probably just like u make new Offsets for adding new map to mainmenu.map, you need to add new offsets (in h3,reach,h4‘s mainmenu.map) that point the menu select to the new injected game type in mainmenu.map so that when u open custom games the mainmenu actually knows to look for a new game type scenario.

also there was a program a while waaaay back I think it was called ch2r for halo 2 game type modding specifically. There was another one out for halo 3 as well that didn’t require rgh. It worked with usermap modding and slayer, oddball ctf and infection game type modding (Like spawn with flamethrower As primary and set respawn Time to zero for halo3) but .map mods require rgh
Post automatically merged:

I found this page
contains halo 3 game type mod tool
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/all-modding-h3-aio-and-some-programs-and-maps.49946/

don’t know if the links work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KJTR

KJTR

The banana king
Reaction score
Sin$
each map file has its own tags for scenarios like ctf oddball salyer assault Territories et cetera. I remember that adding a new map to halo 2 you had to actually modify the mainmenu.map file as well.

so you might be looking at extracting the scenario for juggernaught from h2 for each map Then injecting meta to each mapfile for the game u want (H3,reach,h4) using assembly. Then probably just like u make new Offsets for adding new map to mainmenu.map, you need to add new offsets (in h3,reach,h4‘s mainmenu.map) that point the menu select to the new injected game type in mainmenu.map so that when u open custom games the mainmenu actually knows to look for a new game type scenario.

also there was a program a while waaaay back I think it was called ch2r for halo 2 game type modding specifically. There was another one out for halo 3 as well that didn’t require rgh. It worked with usermap modding and slayer, oddball ctf and infection game type modding (Like spawn with flamethrower As primary and set respawn Time to zero for halo3) but .map mods require rgh

I found this page
contains halo 3 game type mod tool
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/all-modding-h3-aio-and-some-programs-and-maps.49946/

don’t know if the links work
How does the halo reach game know when to turn on armor effects during certain game modes? For example Zombie Ghosts cause fire on your chest. Anniversary Classic allows for fire on your feet if your the bomb carrier. How do I turn these armor offsets on?

Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

i think this is what u need.not sure if u get that level of nitty gritty but it’s Halo reach variant mod tool

works for mcc pc supposedly
same School of thought applies to rgh

Go to like 13 minutes 45 second to get a quick peek of what this program looks like

download reach variant tool nexus mods
download blank game type link in video description

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register