What's new

Question How do i make a Vita Memory Card USB adaptor?

User7834

User7834

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an official Sony PS Vita 64gb Pro Dou M2 Memory whatever the name is for these things. But the problem is that it has failed on me. I had a lot of games installed on this memory card and now the Vita does not detect it and recovery mode is unable to format it. I tried another Vita same issue, i cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol 99% and no fix. I tried my 8gb card on my Vita and that works. I looked online and other people have been having the same corruption issues with the larger storage cards such as 32gb and 64. This card has no physical damage, no water damage. It has stayed in my Vita and in a case whenever it’s out actually i did put it in another Vita before it became corrupted and before that it would randomly reinstall games. Whenever i tried to format it in recovery mode the Vita fails to format it i tried all the other options on recovery mode and no fix. So i suspect that the card has become corrupted and the Vita is unable to format it because of the amount of storage that is used up. So i’m wondering if i buy a Vita Memory Card Slot and a USB, solder them 2 together and then hook it up to my computer and format it. My external hard drive had this issue and formatting it got it working so i assume this should be the same after all this memory card is just a modified micro SD card that happens to run slower with a Sony brand slapped on it and a ridiculous price tag. So how can i make this usb adaptor? What kind of usb do i need and how do i get it working?

Vita Card Slot link or just Google it
https://www.dhgate.com/product/original-card-slot-socket-sd-card-reader/397347273.html

and Google Micro SD Slot and Micro SD Slot Pins

you can see the Micro SD Slot has more pins so i don't know how to wire it up

Last edited:
Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an official Sony PS Vita 64gb Pro Dou M2 Memory whatever the name is for these things. But the problem is that it has failed on me. I had a lot of games installed on this memory card and now the Vita does not detect it and recovery mode is unable to format it. I tried another Vita same issue, i cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol 99% and no fix. I tried my 8gb card on my Vita and that works. I looked online and other people have been having the same corruption issues with the larger storage cards such as 32gb and 64. This card has no physical damage, no water damage. It has stayed in my Vita and in a case whenever it’s out actually i did put it in another Vita before it became corrupted and before that it would randomly reinstall games. Whenever i tried to format it in recovery mode the Vita fails to format it i tried all the other options on recovery mode and no fix. So i suspect that the card has become corrupted and the Vita is unable to format it because of the amount of storage that is used up. So i’m wondering if i buy a Vita Memory Card Slot and a USB, solder them 2 together and then hook it up to my computer and format it. My external hard drive had this issue and formatting it got it working so i assume this should be the same after all this memory card is just a modified micro SD card that happens to run slower with a Sony brand slapped on it and a ridiculous price tag. So how can i make this usb adaptor? What kind of usb do i need and how do i get it working?
I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is possible, but you can always just buy an SD2VITA online for like $10.

User7834

User7834

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is possible, but you can always just buy an SD2VITA online for like $10.
I already have that but i also have this expensive 64gb Memory Card that doesn't format. Nobody has made an adaptor to directly connect these to the computer.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I already have that but i also have this expensive 64gb Memory Card that doesn't format. Nobody has made an adaptor to directly connect these to the computer.
Do you have HEN? If you do, you can use Vitashell to connect to your PC. Otherwise I wouldn't hold out hope for an adapter.

Top Bottom
Login
Register