What's new

Unsolved How do i jailbreak my ps3

M

manu3

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm tryin to look if i can jailbreak my old ps3 which I thought I would've never going to use it anymore.
So, she's a CECH 2504A with date code 0C, is she jailbreakable? If so, what files do I need? I think the firmware has to be installed from the start since i changed HDD.

M

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So some CECH-25XX are downgradeable, some aren't.
Watch this tutorial to find out if you can downgrade:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-check-minimum-firmware-version.318773/
If the Minimum Version Checker says that version 3.55 (or any version below) can be installed then you can downgrade. If it says that version 3.60 or above can be installed you cannot downgrade (jailbreak).

If you can go to 3.55, then update to the latest firmware update (4.82) and follow this tutorial by MrMario2011:

Hope this helped!

M

manu3

Reaction score
No buddy, I can't downgrade, neither I can update. I switched to a new HDD on my PS3 Slim which it should not have internal memory. What I'm asking is a confirm, if I can or not directly install CFW from zero. I don't know if this is possible, but its like if I bought for the first time that PS3 8 years ago. I'm sorry, I'm like a no0b in these things :smile:

M

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No buddy, I can't downgrade, neither I can update. I switched to a new HDD on my PS3 Slim which it should not have internal memory. What I'm asking is a confirm, if I can or not directly install CFW from zero. I don't know if this is possible, but its like if I bought for the first time that PS3 8 years ago. I'm sorry, I'm like a no0b in these things :smile:
Well with the PS3Xploit you're not technically "downgrading" so to speak (someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that haha). You still need to be on a downgradeable system and on the latest firmware for this to work.

Download the 4.82 PS3UPDAT.PUP file from the official PlayStation website: (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/), get a USB flash drive, format it to FAT32. Then make two folders on it; make a folder called "PS3" then make another folder called "UPDATE" and put it in the "PS3" folder. Then get the 4.82 "PS3UPDAT.PUP) you downloaded from the official PlayStation website. Put it in the update folder. Eject the USB flash drive safely from your computer then take it out of the USB port of your computer.

Assuming since this is a fresh HDD with no firmware on it, when you boot up the PS3 I'm assuming it should take you to this screen.
fix-cannot-run-correctly-error-800x800.jpg

If not, please let me know. If so, then plug your USB flash drive into the RIGHT USB SLOT closest to the Blu-ray disc drive. If you put it into the left USB slot then it will not recognize the firmware on the USB. After putting your USB flash drive in the right USB slot, press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. The system should update to 4.82, the latest firmware.

After the system boots up normally on 4.82 official firmware, do the minimum version check, if you can downgrade to 3.55 then follow the video I posted in my last post on this thread in order to get custom firmware.

Hope this helped, if not let me know what's still going wrong and I'll try to help some more :smile:

M

manu3

Reaction score
Sooo... installed OFW 4.82 and did the minimum version check, which says "Update data of versione 3.40 or later can be installed on this system." now, what do I have to do? I wanna play games for the discs I have but the ps3 driver cant read most of them, so you know...

M

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooo... installed OFW 4.82 and did the minimum version check, which says "Update data of versione 3.40 or later can be installed on this system." now, what do I have to do?
Perfect! Your system is jailbreakable. So now just follow the jailbreak video tutorial.
I wanna play games for the discs I have but the ps3 driver cant read most of them, so you know...
I'm not sure if disc drive replacements work with the PS3, I only know that you can do it on the Xbox and it's a long and complicated process. So try looking for a disc drive replacement for PS3 CECH-2504A on eBay. If replacing the disc drive does not work or you cannot buy it then the only way I see you playing any games is by playing backup games or pirated games (not sure if condoning this is against the rules, if so, please let me know mods, haha)

Top Bottom