Solved How do I Install Mod Menus?

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Okay guys, I know to most of you in this section I sound like a noob. I have never modded this game and I have recently seen some menus and its peaked my interest. I am trying to follow this https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-add-scripts-to-your-script-img-with-openiv.1161254/ but I am stuck. Also using Major Distribution 13.2

I have no clue what I am doing tbh, what do I need to rename the .sco too for it to work? also I don't know exactly where to even put the files at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

777KEV1N777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CREATE A REGULAR NON MODDED SAVE GAME AT FIRST SAFE HOUSE
get a copy of gta iv ntsc or pal it depends on your region. Or rip it from the actual game with xbox backup creator. run abgx 360 everything should be green and blue.
open, open iv on the version of game u want. youll need like gtaiv.exe go download it from somewhere and put it in same folder where open iv is. Open open iv, select script.img. Now that open iv is open on the gta iv files click edit mode, Put in the .sco's and everything mdv13 has in it. click edit mode again. Close open iv. Run abgx 360 everything should be green an blue with some possible red because u edited the files its normal. Open it in xbox backup creator. Put in iso. burn game to disk. Open xbox, hotswap. Or if u have flashed xbox then just put the game in. Clear ur system cache launch the game. Bam modded.

Last edited:

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
get a copy of gta iv ntsc or pal it depends on your region. Or rip it from the actual game with xbox backup creator. run abgx 360 everything should be green and blue.
open, open iv on the version of game u want. youll need like gtaiv.exe go download it from somewhere and put it in same folder where open iv is. Open open iv, select script.img. Now that open iv is open on the gta iv files click edit mode, Put in the .sco's and everything mdv13 has in it. click edit mode again. Close open iv. Run abgx 360 everything should be green an blue with some possible red because u edited the files its normal. Open it in xbox backup creator. Put in iso. burn game to disk. Open xbox, hotswap. Or if u have flashed xbox then just put the game in. Clear ur system cache launch the game. Bam modded.
I am using an RGH, but I did the steps needed with the Script image and it's not working. I am pressing down + b but nothing

ilikegames42

Reaction score
Go into your gta4 folder on your RGH and replace the script.img and script_network.img. That's it. GTA IV\common\data\cdimages
Make sure you have the latest title update.

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Go into your gta4 folder on your RGH and replace the script.img and script_network.img. That's it. GTA IV\common\data\cdimages
Make sure you have the latest title update.
But I have .SCO files? Not those ones.

ilikegames42

Reaction score
But I have .SCO files? Not those ones.
v13 was a crappy release, it only includes sco files from what I can see. I would try to find a more stable version like v11 that includes the img files. It looks like it was posted by another user. https://www.dropbox.com/s/05hyzd41mbwg4ld/MDv11.04 Public.7z?dl=0
You would just want to go into the xbox360-ps3 scripts folder (second one), choose xbox, then which episode, and replace the script.img/script_network.img that's on your rgh with the ones in that folder.

InsanityEnds_

Reaction score
yo could u please help me bro? what’s ur skype or discord

777KEV1N777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yo could u please help me bro? what’s ur skype or discord
I dont have either of em. But after re reading this thread you guys need a modloader. Id say get xmc as a base menu, and add in sco files but rename as xmc1.sco-xmc10.sco It might be xmc_1-xmc_2 etc etc. I dont remember its been long time. You could do the same with major distribution modloaders too, just rename the .scos you want to add as what the menu ur adding it to requires. I think md is modslot_1.sco - modslot_10.sco. Idk check though.

Top Bottom