How do i inprove the OLN? On my map.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by redeyesmaster, Jul 25, 2009 with 4 replies and 363 views.

1. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oh guys for those of you that dont know what the OLN is it is a set number oh items on a map, not like 20 boxes its more like you can have only 250 items on the map at one time, including your gun and your nades that you are carrying.

and way i hit the limit on one of my maps that is infact a hugely wanted map, this map is non other then the Ivory Tower map from halo 2. i had to restart it 6 times just to get every thing right there is only 4 rooms left and i need just a few more items.

i had to restart one more time because i hit the OLN (idk what oln stands for by the way) so any who, i found out that the items on any map that you start with pre set on the map (I.E. Sandbox and the weapons/bases) do not count to the OLN but you cant delete them and spawn them again the trick will brake.

So my question to you guys (Modders) is there a way to mod more items into the map with out replacing my other items. for instance i seen a map the other day Telefrag they said the teleporter was put there using a program. but i wasn't sure if he added it in the program or just moved it out of the level with the program. i also had questions if that was even modded because i was sure i could do that with out modding.

So could any one help me?

2. Slashr

Slashr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i think limits like that probably can not be broken
    with what we can do right now we can move, rotate, swap, add, delete with progs on the computer but not bypass limits

3. OP
    redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    oh well yeah? that sucks... well what if contacted a friendly Devkit modded i know do you beleive that he could add items?

4. Shroomz

Shroomz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Object limits are hard coded for a reason. I have numerous maps that have reached the maximum object amount on an OLN map. Every single one of them lag hard. They're constantly glitching to the point where it's barely playable.

OLN limit is as good as it's gonna get.

5. OP
    redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    (this was my post on another site just copied over to this one too so if things dont make sence just let it go)

Wow you know what that is really helpfull some one told me that before but i was sceptical, i didn't think it was true at first but now i have had multiple people tell me this and well i started on my map again and now im using a stacked canvas and i will be posting the old one the same time i post the new one. I Know Ivory Tower has ben wanted by sevral thousand people now and well give me a week and i shall be Posting it on every froging/modding site i can find Forgehub.com, Modhalo.net / Opencarnage.com, Se7ensins.com and many more those there will be the first one i shall post on and of corse Bungie.net. So Lastly i Would like to thank The People that have helped me out with understanding the lay out of the map, the fitting of the map, and lastly the understanding of the OLN thank you all and keep an eye out on the forged maps in the neer future for the name Cyclotron (this was the original name for Ivory Tower) I May put a small mod in this map that will be a Name change.

I'm done with this Forum and im not Going to be posting on this any more If you have any questions feel free to ask on this forum though.