What's new

Question how do i get a 3 letter gamertag?

• Thread starter Boosterblue
  • Start date
  • Views 20,792
B

Boosterblue

Reaction score
Sin$
i have had the same gamertag for a while and i want to change to a 3 letter one but i cant find anything about it i know that you would have had to do it on the original xbox live but that has been shut down is there any other way to do it?

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to your profile and find edit profile then click your name. It will come up with a gamertag changer just enter what ever you want.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
3 letter tags will be taken.
You'd have to buy one from somewhere.

EDIT: It says 4 minimum?
Didn't know about that, maybe you'd have to change it on the 360 or on xbox.com

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
3 Character GT's are near enough impossible to come by nowadays. I'm quite lucky to have one on my main account.

B

Boosterblue

Reaction score
Sin$
3 Character GT's are near enough impossible to come by nowadays. I'm quite lucky to have one on my main account.
i dont want to buy one but i would still have the same problem i want the gamertag on my account and you have to have 4 letters minimum

3 letter tags will be taken.
You'd have to buy one from somewhere.

EDIT: It says 4 minimum?
Didn't know about that, maybe you'd have to change it on the 360 or on xbox.com
that dosent work either i have tried but i saw someone with the A , and he has been on xbox for 2 years but i dont know how he did it

how did you get yours?

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont want to buy one but i would still have the same problem i want the gamertag on my account and you have to have 4 letters minimum

that dosent work either i have tried but i saw someone with the A , and he has been on xbox for 2 years but i dont know how he did it

how did you get yours?

I got mine 7 years ago via changing my GT in the usual way.

Dead Inside

Dead Inside

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Either buy one or be prepared to spend a few months pressing the button to change your Gamertag into a three letter.

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
I got lucky changing my gamertag a year or two ago to R30 but then that account got banned but now I'm back on a new one at another 4 letter, oTJ1. Just gotta look for awhile and eventually get lucky.

IvIDoomIvI

IvIDoomIvI

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I think they made them four letter only so if anyone changes their three letter ever no one can get it once its gone its gone you know

I'd rather have all the one letter tags but their all taken by Microsoft

Top Bottom
Login
Register