How do I format c drive / reinstall a hacked dash

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by kevin12345, Jan 20, 2009 with 1 replies and 375 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin12345

kevin12345 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi All, just looking for some help getting my box running again. I got it with a very old version of Evox already installed on it which was not loading new apps and shutting off and restarting on it's own.
    I have tried to do a one-click install of UnleashX with Aid 4.40 but it says that a backup already exists. So I installed ms dash from aid 4.40 and tried a one-click again but it gives the same error.
    I also tried to use splinter cell to re-softmod it but it says the box is already softmodded and won't do it.
    So basically its running a softmodded MSdash right now with an old version of Evox still on c: that I can't load or overwrite with a new dash.
    How do I properly backup/format/install UnleashX using AID 4.40 without bricking the machine? I should probably also copy the eeprom and some other stuff to my computer via ftp incase it shuts down while loading right?
    I'm kinda new at all this so the more details on what exactly I have to click on in AID 4.40 or FTP backup would be very appreciated.
    Thanks

What is this "unmount virtual c drive" in AID?
    What does it do and is that why the one-click install wouldn't work?

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.