What's new

Solved how do i fix a tray that wont open?

• Thread starter Soapy
  • Start date
  • Views 583
S

Soapy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I got a samsung drive that wont open. Anyway i can fix it?

B

Bac0n

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Take it apart and remove the tray open belt and clean it under cold water. Then clean the pulleys with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol. If that doesnt work, then the opening motor is weak and the or option is to smack the top of the xbox to get the drive to open.

S

Soapy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Mandela said:
You don't need to take it apart. Trust me I had the same problem. Is your xbox 360 older or newer?

Really old January 2006 m25. Ive opened it and looks like nothing is wrong with it. How do i mess with the gears?

Bac0n said:
Take it apart and remove the tray open belt and clean it under cold water. Then clean the pulleys with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol. If that doesnt work, then the opening motor is weak and the or option is to smack the top of the xbox to get the drive to open.

Going to try it now.

M

Mandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats the thing I have talked to xbox staff before when I was having the same problem and they explained it to be a problem with it just being old. Do what I did. Press the open tray button and after you press it smack the top of your xbox right above the tray kinda hard if it doesn't open the first time hit it again. I had to do that. But trust me I had a lot more problems then just my tray not opening. When the tray opens all the way pull the tray a little more open otherwise it will close again.

S

Soapy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Bac0n what are the pulleys?

Mandela said:
Thats the thing I have talked to xbox staff before when I was having the same problem and they explained it to be a problem with it just being old. Do what I did. Press the open tray button and after you press it smack the top of your xbox right above the tray kinda hard if it doesn't open the first time hit it again. I had to do that. But trust me I had a lot more problems then just my tray not opening. When the tray opens all the way pull the tray a little more open otherwise it will close again.

Yea i know but its annoying just want it fixed so i wont have to get up and hit it everytime.

M

Mandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have completely disassembled my whole drive but mine completely quite. I have changed the whole lens mount from another model and completely troubleshooted everything to figure out what xbox staff couldn't figure out. I have to get a new xbox 360 bc my lens and whole drive went out and I just am tired of messing with it. Your problem is just the start of more to come. When your drive stops reading all disks then trust me it is gone.

S

Soapy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Mandela said:
I have completely disassembled my whole drive but mine completely quite. I have changed the whole lens mount from another model and completely troubleshooted everything to figure out what xbox staff couldn't figure out. I have to get a new xbox 360 bc my lens and whole drive went out and I just am tired of messing with it. Your problem is just the start of more to come. When your drive stops reading all disks then trust me it is gone.

Well im just looking for a temporary fix so i can sell it. I dont care what happens to it after a couple months.

M

Mandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if you take it apart you void the warranty and any smart person that is going to buy it won't if they see it has been opened. I honestly have tried to look all over the internet for a fix but I could never find one. I took mine completely apart and put it back together and that fixed my problem with it opening and closing but I think that might have just been me. but you can try. to do that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register