How Do I Find Out My Friend IPs?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Alex, Aug 9, 2009 with 11 replies and 595 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex chazbae Retired

Ratings:
    The reason I want to know is so that I can add them through ZoneAlarm, I have been told there is a piece of software that when your friend are in your XBL party when your host you can see their IP addresses because they are accessing your party through your internet connection.

2. Se7eN MasTa

Se7eN MasTa Se7en Legend Premium

Ratings:
  3. OP
    Alex

Alex chazbae Retired

Ratings:
    thanks man, Ill just google them when you say Cain is that Cain and Abel? and Commview havent heard of it but what the hell lol

EDIT: Can anyone help me lol? im confused and i dont know what to search for or look for i looked up that commview and it just confusing me.

4. Se7eN MasTa

Se7eN MasTa Se7en Legend Premium

Ratings:
    Cain and Abel, yes.

Theres tutorials on this site, a simple search will get you what you need. Mostly under the halo 2 section.

5. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you only want your friends IP then just use ICS (internet connection sharing) for your xbox to connect to live. ie connect a pc to your modem so it has access to the internet and enable ICS on that pc. Then connect your xbox to the PC with an ethernet cable and you will be able to access LIVE. Then on your PC there are hundreds of programs you can run to see the IPs. Commview you have to pay for, Cain and Abel is free and can do loads of stuff. Wireshark is another one to name a few. If you only want the IPs then I recommend a free little program called network spy which works great, just google it. Don't know how easy it is to find anymore though. (method 100% tested)

6. thommo74

thommo74 Newbie

Ratings:
    you dont need all that ****, if your using zonealarm just go to logs when there in your party, flick up to high and back down to medium and theres the ip of who ever is in your room.

7. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If your xbox isn't connecting to the internet through your PC then you can't see the IPs. Of course you don't need any of the programs I listed, like I said there are hundreds you can use, and yes zone alarm is one of them. If you don't already have zone alarm, it would be pretty pointless buying this just to find IPs.

8. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    or you can do the easy way....

if he is really your friend have him go to ipchicken.com and tell you what his IP is lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    LMFAO. YES! This is so true. If this is the only thing that you want it for then your friend should be happy to give it to you. Me thinks you really want the IP of rival gamers really. :wink: But hell, if you're struggling to get the IP in the first place then good luck actually doing anything with it.

10. thommo74

thommo74 Newbie

Ratings:

but his pc is and it was a reply to his question, of course you cant see an ip if your not connected to your pc but he is and he is using zone alarm doh!... which HAS a FREE download option on there site aswell which works perfectly well.

so to address your reply, he wouldnt need to buy zone alarm HE ALREADY HAS IT, so he could just go to the logs section and see the ip's from there, i cant understand why people go round in circles giving all sorts of **** advice and mentioning programs to download when if they read the actual first post he has everything he needs already and just advice on what to do with it.

im sorry but i answered based on the question asked, simples.........:S

11. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok fair enough about zone alarm. My comment also helped people who don't have zone alarm. but tell me how exactly you know the thread starter has connected his xbox through his PC?

12. thommo74

thommo74 Newbie

Ratings:
    based on his first post, hes using zone alarm and if hes not got it going through to his xbox then hed be pretty dumb trying to add them or find there ip's.

you dont need a life story to assume that he knows what hes on about and that he is connected up and is just looking as per his question for a way to get there ip addy's.

if its not the case then he is dumb but im more inclined to believe he knows what hes doing but just wanted there ip.s to add so he could host bridge.