What's new

Discussion How do I extract the Bioshock 2 mainSave.bsg file?

• Thread starter DeMiNe0
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeMiNe0

Reaction score
Sin$
From what i've gathered, The saves files are pretty much like BioShock 1, 32KB zlib blocks. The Zlib blocks starts at 0x000002b0.

I'm trying to figure out how to decompress the mainSave.bsg.

I tried simplyzip allready but it did not seem to work. It stated that it could not decompress the file.

I'm unsure of how to use offzip. I tried offzip -a -z -15, but that didn't want to work. And if I do get it uncompressed with offzip, i'm not sure how to compress it again with offzip.

Does anyone have any information that could help me?

D

DeMiNe0

Reaction score
Sin$
Just tried it, and it seems to crash for me on Windows 7 x64.

OK. I think i figured it out.

offzip -a -z 15 "C:\editsaves\mainSave.bsg" "C:\editsaves\ext" 0

C:\editsaves\ext is where you want to exact it too, and is the C:\editsaves\mainSave.bsg is the file.

ok, scrach that. It extracted files, just not the ones i'm looking for. It extracted 267 files, but from what I see, it's suppose to only be 160ish

P

Phetty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DeMiNe0 said:
Just tried it, and it seems to crash for me on Windows 7 x64.

OK. I think i figured it out.

offzip -a -z 15 "C:\editsaves\mainSave.bsg" "C:\editsaves\ext" 0

C:\editsaves\ext is where you want to exact it too, and is the C:\editsaves\mainSave.bsg is the file.

ok, scrach that. It extracted files, just not the ones i'm looking for. It extracted 267 files, but from what I see, it's suppose to only be 160ish

I just extracted the save Ive been messing with but I have 289 files and no clue what to look for now.

D

devildog94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah same here, i am clueless with those files :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register