• Thread starter Adrianne
  • Start date
  • Views 1,930
Adrianne

Adrianne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First off, I'm not trying to do this to discredit the maker of the menu. That's illegal and very messed up. Now that I got that out of the way, I was wondering how do I edit a mod menu? For example, I would like to change one of the messages to my youtube. Also, it bothers me so much, I can't remember which menu, but one of the words says go invisable, which bothers me so much as a perfectionist. Also, I think it was dynamic mod menu, one of the options says Freeze PS3, which bothers me because I am on the xbox and also one of the mod menu has an option to unlock all trophies, which I simply want it to be changed so it is perfect. You guys get the point.

I have tried to use Notepad++, but all I get is a bunch of weird logos. So, I figured that it might be decrypted, so I tried to use Red Eyes Decompiler, yet it still didn't worked. All I'm getting is an "unhandled exception" error. I'm not good at coding at all, but If anyone can teach me the basics to editing mod menus, that would help a ton. The programs I have already tried are Notepad++, Red Eyes Decompiler, Gamescript compiler (so maybe when I decompile, I can compile again).

i'll use Elegance mod menu as an example. First, I open with notepad++, then all I get is a bunch of letters. So i try to decompile it, and all i get is an unhandled exception error. Please help me guys!

Adrianne

Adrianne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not illegal..
Either way regarding your question, you would need the actual source of the menu to edit it. Opening it up in N++ won't really do much.

I was taught that way in school. Since that would be like plagiarism. Anyways, anyway to get the source or there is no way?

Upvote 0
J Colez

J Colez

J Brezzy
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I was taught that way in school. Since that would be like plagiarism. Anyways, anyway to get the source or there is no way?
You can try googling the source code for whatever menu you wanna edit might come up with something

Upvote 0
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I was taught that way in school. Since that would be like plagiarism.
Someone who makes a gamescript mod for BO2 won't have the file legally protected in any way, so no, it's definitely not illegal.

Anyways, anyway to get the source or there is no way?
If the source isn't released/leaked, you'd have to reverse it, and you wouldn't know how to do that tbh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register