Sin$
can i even dump the nand with a laptop or what

teh1337

teh1337

Some call me the Dear Leader-most just say teh1337
Experienced Veteran Programmer Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
You cannot because you will need a LTP port on a computer and laptops do not have those.
First off you need an LPT port (Line Print Terminal) AKA parralell port which sum Laptops have and I am sure you can buy a pci card for parralell interface
or...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=parallel+to+usb+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=parralell+to+usb&_rdc=1

:wink:

Hope it helps, and also wrong section

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
usb-spis are more reliable than LPTs, faster, etc. get a USB-SPI. i have one and love it.
but if ur only getting it for 1 jtag, its not worth investing

D

Daboss329

Reaction score
Sin$
usb-spis are more reliable than LPTs, faster, etc. get a USB-SPI. i have one and love it.
but if ur only getting it for 1 jtag, its not worth investing
how much does the regular cord that people use for real computers cost (for dumping the nand) since i got the usb lpt connector for laptops its being shipped tommorow

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
how much does the regular cord that people use for real computers cost (for dumping the nand) since i got the usb lpt connector for laptops its being shipped tommorow

the LPT cable? u make it urself. and sometimes the USB-LPT connectors dont work.... so u might be in trouble. ive heard of cases where it wont detect the LPT

D

Daboss329

Reaction score
Sin$
the LPT cable? u make it urself. and sometimes the USB-LPT connectors dont work.... so u might be in trouble. ive heard of cases where it wont detect the LPT
are they sold on ebay though and if not should i just buy the usb flasher and get a refund for the usb lpt port

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
are they sold on ebay though and if not should i just buy the usb flasher and get a refund for the usb lpt port

lpt cables can be bought from a lotta places. its a standard printer cable from an old printer. and get a refund if it doesnt work and get a USB-SPI

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
how do you use usb spi whatever there called and can you possibly show me some pics or whatever

the USB-SPI is the usb nand flasher. its just a USB cable instead of an LPT cable, but theres no length requirements and its really reliable

Top Bottom
Login
Register