What's new

How do I disable the CD Drive completely?

• Thread starter S y N I K a L
  • Start date
  • Views 285
Status
Not open for further replies.
S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L

/ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the dreaded problem of a stuck disk. It just keeps trying to eject and doesnt. The noise it's making is the typical eject noise and it happens once every 30 seconds. It's trying but something's stopping it. I just now want to completely disable the thing. Ive got XP SP2. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L

/ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Saiyan said:
unplug it
Besides opening up my computer, ill do that for a last resort.

S

Saiyan

Reaction score
Sin$
force an emergency eject, there's a small button on the front of the drive somewhere.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If a disk is stuck and your drive won't open, most drives come with an emergency eject hole...slide a paper clip or toothpick in there to pop the drive open. It should be on the front of the drive.

Otherwise, to disable your drive, right click on My Computer and chose Manage. Then go to device manager and find your DVD drive. Right click your drive and choose disable

S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L

/ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Saiyan said:
force an emergency eject, there's a small button on the front of the drive somewhere.
JoeMal said:
If a disk is stuck and your drive won't open, most drives come with an emergency eject hole...slide a paper clip or toothpick in there to pop the drive open. It should be on the front of the drive.
Wow thanks, I didn't even see that little hole for it. The drive popped open, and now it works smoothly again :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register