What's new

Solved How do I check if an ISO was burned properly?

• Thread starter WeededDragon1
  • Start date
  • Views 2,847
W

WeededDragon1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was burning a modded version of GTA Episodes from Liberty City and I am not sure if the ISO was burned properly because there was a lot of errors while burning it. When I put it in my Xbox 360 it says play DVD, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say that because I don't have a flashed Xbox 360 but I want to Hot Swap it. Is there a way I can check if it is burned properly before I have to open my Xbox 360 up and hot swap it?

C

Chrskyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In plain terms? No. If there were "sector" errors while burning, from experience, it's always a screw up.

Use IMGBurn.

Burn your .iso file, make sure you have "verify" checked. Burn at the lowest possible speed THAT CORRESPONDS WITH THE DISC'S MINIMUM SPEED (to find this out, look on the right with the box of information about the disc. It should say "write speeds")

After you are done burning the .iso, it will verify that everything was done correctly. That's how you know that nothing screwed up. :biggrin:

W

WeededDragon1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In plain terms? No. If there were "sector" errors while burning, from experience, it's always a screw up.

Use IMGBurn.

Burn your .iso file, make sure you have "verify" checked. Burn at the lowest possible speed THAT CORRESPONDS WITH THE DISC'S MINIMUM SPEED (to find this out, look on the right with the box of information about the disc. It should say "write speeds")

After you are done burning the .iso, it will verify that everything was done correctly. That's how you know that nothing screwed up. :biggrin:

By any chance could you help me, like walk me through it? I tried a tutorial on youtube and I kept getting errors with Xbox Backup Creator, I ignored that and replaced the common.rpf and dlc.rpf with the modded ones, exited out of that, went into imgburn, pressed write and put the number down the guy told me to, then pushed 2.4x write speed. The first time imgburn completely stopped working with an error, the second time I thought the disc was done because the drive ejected automatically then it went back in and started doing something.

So, could you teamview me or anything like that?

G

gurvirj95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
download imgburn. go to setthings, preferences, L0 layer break or something like that
click the Specified circle thing
and type in "1913760"
then save that and put in your disc, then on the write speed, choose 2x or 2.4x
the faster you burn the higher chance of failure
and both write speeds take about 40 minutes

and you have to write the .dvd file
if you didnt get one with your iso, run the iso through abgx360, and it will make a .dvd for you, and tell you if there are any problems with the iso that may let your xbox detect the bad rip

message me for any questions

T

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Run the burnt disc through ABGX, that will tell you there and then if the disc is any good.

Top Bottom