Solved How Do I Change My WAN IP?

• Thread starter Panasonic
  • Start date
  • Views 393
Panasonic

Panasonic

Reaction score
Sin$
I have bought XBLS before twice. Although I did not change my WAN IP either time. This is because a couple years ago I bought my JTAG and I never ended up buying a retail xbox. I figured since there is no retail in the house to get banned I might as well not worry about a WAN IP change. However, I might get a retail soon. I would like to avoid further risking the chance of a console ban. I have two questions:

1. How can I change my WAN IP?
Details: I have a PC (Windows XP) in my room and both the console and PC are plugged into my modem by an ethernet cable.

2. How can I prevent an instant console ban completely when I buy a retail sooner or later?
Details: Someone will most likely say to change my IP before I buy a retail. I would like a method that will be permanent, not affect me internet in any way, and that is completely legal.

Brother Jordan Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Change the MAC address on your router and let it sit off for maybe 15 minutes. Then reconnect and your IP should change. If not, you have a static IP and will have to call your ISP.
2. Just change the IP again.

The best way would be to be connected to a VPN when using XBLS. This way, you don't have to change your IP with a new retail.

Panasonic

Panasonic

Reaction score
Sin$
1. Change the MAC address on your router and let it sit off for maybe 15 minutes. Then reconnect and your IP should change. If not, you have a static IP and will have to call your ISP.
2. Just change the IP again.

The best way would be to be connected to a VPN when using XBLS. This way, you don't have to change your IP with a new retail.
I do not have Static. This helped a lot, I will do more research on how to do all of this. Thank you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register