What's new

Solved How do I change dvd key on xbox 360 slim?

• Thread starter zastin17
  • Start date
  • Views 4,455
zastin17

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I have a xbox trinity slim with a lite-on dvd and the original broke it will be rgh very soon chips are ordered but the key on the dvd drive is differ than the one on nand so when it is rgh can I boot into xell get the drives dvd key than type the new key in on jrunner and than write the nand with the new key and will I be good to go please tell me what I need to do If this is correct. And yes I have rgh before on my other slim.

Ressko

Ressko

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I have a xbox trinity slim with a lite-on dvd and the original broke it will be rgh very soon chips are ordered but the key on the dvd drive is differ than the one on nand so when it is rgh can I boot into xell get the drives dvd key than type the new key in on jrunner and than write the nand with the new key and will I be good to go please tell me what I need to do If this is correct. And yes I have rgh before on my other slim.

Either flash the drive with the key you get from xell or if your keeping as a rgh patch the KV with the key from the drive.

JeEnYuS

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Sin$

The dvd key found in xell will be your original dvd drive key(the one that is broken).

So you have 3 options;

1- Extract the dvd key from your new dvd drive and patch the kv with the new key. If fcrt.bin is present in your nand image then you will have to apply the nofcrt xebuild patch prior to create your final hack image.
2- Replace the pcb in your new drive with your original one(if it's still functional).
3- Flash your original dvd key to your new drive and apply the nofcrt patch if fcrt.bin is present.

Top Bottom
Login
Register