What's new

Discussion How did the JTAG rip come to be?

• Thread starter CPT Smiffy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,152
CPT Smiffy

CPT Smiffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't seen an explanation of this anywhere, and i'm intrested to know. How exactly were the xcp files pulled from the marketplace for the JTAG rip? How were the redeem code and MSP requirements bypassed?

T

TP-360iso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you knew the exact address on the xbox servers you could just download it without any authorisation lol.
Address was something like download.xbox.com/titleID/96abdab318524620af38b985010f3391ca5b4dcf.xcp

Only around 20 got it before MS realised and fixed the security issue.

No one was sharing but I managed to get it from someone, we couldn't figure out how to extract it so we spread it :smile:

Someone cracked it and released a program which extracted it and allowed JTAG users to play :smile:

Head

Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you knew the exact address on the xbox servers you could just download it without any authorisation lol.
Address was something like download.xbox.com/titleID/96abdab318524620af38b985010f3391ca5b4dcf.xcp

Only around 20 got it before MS realised and fixed the security issue.

No one was sharing but I managed to get it from someone, we couldn't figure out how to extract it so we spread it :smile:

Someone cracked it and released a program which extracted it and allowed JTAG users to play :smile:

Then we gave you a retail copy two weeks early. Enjoy :smile:
+ rep for awesome explanation. thanks.

Laugh

Laugh

Contributor
5th Anniversary Chatty Kathy Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice explanation, I never knew where the .xcp file came from. It just popped up.

Top Bottom
Login
Register