Solved How common are Zephyrs?

• Thread starter handsomepigeonzz
  • Start date
  • Views 200
H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for HDMI xboxs on eBay. Should I bother asking the sellers what the motherboard is which can be very confusing for someone who isn't a techie? I don't want to waste money and time waiting for it to be a Zephyr but it's also very tedious waiting for replies. So what are my chances of getting a Zephyr out of a Jasper and Falcon? Should I bother asking? Do you bother asking when looking for Xboxs to mod? Cheers

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I'm looking for HDMI xboxs on eBay. Should I bother asking the sellers what the motherboard is which can be very confusing for someone who isn't a techie? I don't want to waste money and time waiting for it to be a Zephyr but it's also very tedious waiting for replies. So what are my chances of getting a Zephyr out of a Jasper and Falcon? Should I bother asking? Do you bother asking when looking for Xboxs to mod? Cheers
If it gives you a clear enough picture of the serial on the back, look at the amperage.
14,2A is a Falcon - 12,1A is a Jasper.

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it gives you a clear enough picture of the serial on the back, look at the amperage.
14,2A is a Falcon - 12,1A is a Jasper.

Ah cheers. Unfortunately the seller I'm looking at right now hasn't shown the serial or replied to my question but I'll look out for that when I'm finding consoles

S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever I'm shopping for consoles on eBay, I always check the amperage/power socket. Most sellers will have photos that you can zoom in on to determine the motherboard revision. If not I always just shoot them a PM and tell them exactly what I need them to look at (the amperage).

It may be tedious to wait, I agree, but waiting is WAY better than just going ahead with a purchase and ending up with a Xenon or Zephyr. IMO, in general (and ESPECIALLY for RGH), Xenon and Zephyrs and just a whole heap of trouble. Falcon and Jasper consoles are a great choice.

Top Bottom