What's new

Unsolved How can i jailbreak ps3 to play backups (3.56)

• Thread starter Modmii
  • Start date
  • Views 1,898
Modmii

Modmii

Reaction score
Heyy everyone i want to know how can i jailbreak my ps3 to play backups. I dont want to go online or want any softwares just want to play downloaded games thats all and i am on 3.56 OFW.. Please help me

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Unfortunately, to jailbreak your PS3 it must be on firmware 3.55 or earlier. With that established, you have a few options if you are serious about getting a jailbroken PS3.

1. You can look into purchasing the E3 flasher, which will allow you to downgrade from 3.7x to 3.55. You can check out their official website at the link below.
    Code:
    http://www.e3-tech.net/prdouct.html
  2. Return/Sell your current PS3 and purchase one that is on 3.55 or earlier.

Modmii

Modmii

Reaction score
Unfortunately, to jailbreak your PS3 it must be on firmware 3.55 or earlier. With that established, you have a few options if you are serious about getting a jailbroken PS3.

1. You can look into purchasing the E3 flasher, which will allow you to downgrade from 3.7x to 3.55. You can check out their official website at the link below.
    Code:
    http://www.e3-tech.net/prdouct.html
  2. Return/Sell your current PS3 and purchase one that is on 3.55 or earlier.

Dear, i cannot open my ps3 ! I just want the simple hack to play free games thats all. I dont want any dualboot or what, can this e3 flasher downgrade 3.56 ? Whats the actual price ?

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear, i cannot open my ps3 ! I just want the simple hack to play free games thats all. I dont want any dualboot or what, can this e3 flasher downgrade 3.56 ? Whats the actual price ?

Then you will NOT be able to jailbreak your PS3. With the release of the 3.41 (I think) Sony removed the ability to easily downgrade your console. With the release of 3.56 FW, Sony removed the ability to jailbreak consoles.

The hardware mentioned above (E3 flasher) can downgrade the console for you, but you must open your PS3 to install it on the NAND chip.

To summarize, you options are as follows:
1. Wait for a Jailbreak for 3.56+ (There is not ETA for this)
2. Continue to play legitimate games on your console and forget about jailbreaking.
3. But the E3 flasher (around $100), open up your console, downgrade it, and then jailbreak it/dual boot it.

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no "simple hack" to play free games if you updated past 3.55.

The E3 flasher will allow you to downgrade from 3.7x to 3.55. You are on 3.56, so yes it will allow you to downgrade your PS3 after you update to 3.7x (3.70 preferably). I am unsure of the exact price, but I believe it was somewhere around $80 USD.