What's new

How can i get wireless internet on my laptop?

• Thread starter The Agonist
  • Start date
  • Views 421
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Agonist

The Agonist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
K so im going away.. somewhere where they dont have interenet in their house, and ive been looking for some sort of device that can give wireless interenet for my laptop (i know its possible becasue ive done it before with some sort of ATnT device that i just plugged in and it gave 3mb of internet speed) , but they all need a router to connect to.. Can anyone point me to one that doesnt need a router or tell me how to not require a router please? :S

meetii

meetii

Lads In Black
VIP
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a router, then you can buy a wireless network adapter - as Its Me said, it can be a USB adapter.

If you don't have a router, I suggest you get one :smile:

The Agonist

The Agonist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive been looking aroudn but i cant find one that doesnt need a router?.. can u guys please link me to one

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You will need a wireless card from a cellular service provider.

Data Overload

Data Overload

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive been looking aroudn but i cant find one that doesnt need a router?.. can u guys please link me to one
Any of your local internet proivders should sell them at their stores in malls etc

duff

duff

Petrolsexual
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You will need a wireless card from a cellular service provider.
There's no other way than this if they don't have an existing Internet connection in their house.

Zaid

Its me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so buy a router and plug it into your modem then boom wireless...
Do you mean wireless in your home or wireless everywhere?

E

Enckem

VIP
VIP
Retired
MotM Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure that there's a way to make a hot spot from a jailbroken iPhone...

Zaid

Its me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah that you will need to buy a wireless adapter / service from a cellular service provider.

Sorry : (

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Get a 3G dongle or tether your phone to your pc and get mobile internet.

Crytoscopic

Nismo x Jdm x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
K so im going away.. somewhere where they dont have interenet in their house, and ive been looking for some sort of device that can give wireless interenet for my laptop (i know its possible becasue ive done it before with some sort of ATnT device that i just plugged in and it gave 3mb of internet speed) , but they all need a router to connect to.. Can anyone point me to one that doesnt need a router or tell me how to not require a router please? :S
Most ISP's offer a wireless USB device that will let you connect anywhere you go. Call you ISP about it. I had a friend who came from Minnesota and was on the internet the entire time with the USB device.

X

x David x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
New 3g phones allow you to create a wireless internet connection which will allow your computer to via the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register