What's new

How can I change my mic output to music?

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
So first... I use Voice Meter Banana.

The other day on Overwatch someone had music come through their mic... and not he was just holding his mic to his speaker, but it was clear af.

So how can I do that?

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
You could install a virtual sound device and make your music output to that sound device and also make your mic input from that sound device.

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
You could install a virtual sound device and make your music output to that sound device and also make your mic input from that sound device.

I have voicemeter banana and a virtual audio cable, so I have all the software, it's just figuring a way to get it to work correctly.

Okay I got it. Now to figure out how I can have this and my recording software all set up without screwing up the settings I already have.

Last edited:
I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
I have voicemeter banana and a virtual audio cable, so I have all the software, it's just figuring a way to get it to work correctly.
Well you simply do what I said above.
Maybe best way would be dedicating a certain media player for this (maybe Windows Media Player? Because who uses that normally lmao).

hqX5--YwRNOFR-VE5G6cLQ.png

(You'll probably need to restart the media player after changing this)

And then make your game capture mic audio from that sound device as well.

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Well you simply do what I said above.
Maybe best way would be dedicating a certain media player for this (maybe Windows Media Player? Because who uses that normally lmao).

hqX5--YwRNOFR-VE5G6cLQ.png

(You'll probably need to restart the media player after changing this)

And then make your game capture mic audio from that sound device as well.

ah didn't see you post this, I had just figured it out.
I'm in need of more virtual audio cables, so gonna donate to pick up a 2nd and 3rd channels.
http://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

I just tested this with a friend in discord and it was all working just fine.

Top Bottom