• Start date
  • Views 67,223
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Upton

Kate Upton

Reaction score
Sin$
I've got some guys (30+) trying to get at me, how can avoid them and not get booted??

Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Programmer Reporter Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I've got some guys (30+) trying to get at me, how can avoid them and not get booted??
Get a VPN (Virtual Private Network). You can Google it but basically it hides your ip and shows a different one instead of yours. Some may be simple to setup and some may be hard. When someone gets hold of that IP and they try to see where it's from, it won't say your country/state. It will be somewhere from UK or Canada. If you want to look more into it here is a link: http://whatismyipaddress.com/hide-ip

lildeadman V2

lildeadman V2

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
just call your ISP and they can find their IP and can fine them and ban them from internet access.

I wouldn't even continue arguing with Pancake, his as stubborn as a brick wall man. To him, what he says is right and what you say is wrong, hence why he claims he wont reply back after every other 3 replies. Trust me, I've argued with him many times back in the GTA IV threads.

Anways.. now a days, most people don't know how to boot someone off by themselves. They use host booters, these help douche bags and wanna be hackers alike to knock people offline. So even if they somehow managed to get an IP (out of all of the ISP's customers..) they wouldn't be able to take action. They have no proof that, that was the exact IP that was hitting Kate here. Most UDP/TCP floods are spoofed or are more than 1 (if it's a botnet..).

Your best bet OP is to call your ISP, tell them that you're being hit offline (you may have to explain to them why exactly) and ask them if they can renew your IP address. If they ask for why you're being knocked off, tell them the truth. If you're not hitting someone off, then you're not doing anything wrong so there's no reason to think that you could be banned from their service.
You may also want to ask how to renew your IP yourself so you don't have to constantly call in. IP address's now a days are all dynamic, meaning it will change at some point in time. Usually you can just disconnect your router for a few hours or over night and you'll start up with a new IP, but for some ISP's you can actually log into your router and drop/renew an IP and be back within a minute.

VPN's are good, but a good VPN that you wont notice any difference in game play is not only hard to find but also costs money. If you're constantly getting into lobbies with these kind of people, change your Gamerzone and make sure to unprefer them. People say it wont work, but you'll notice it after awhile. You can also block communications/mute the person and it will be harder to get an IP, unless you join their game or party.
If you'd like to go the VPN route still, make sure to read up on each one. Check to see if you can have more than one IP, is it USA or offshore? (I prefer off-shore, but that's for other reasons), what is the bandwidth of the VPN?, how well is your traffic encrypted (again, not needed if you're just using it for gaming.. but most good VPN's will be 256 bit encryption, which is pretty good.) Here's an article that explains a little on how a VPN works and what they're all about: HowStuffWorks VPN's

Last edited:
Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Rush

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
As stated above, a VPN is the best way to go, but trust me when I say that they are a pain to set up, at least with HideMyAss. My problem was that I wanted to get a VPN router for HMA, but I couldn't replace my main router so I had to set it up on another router on another subnet and have it connect to the VPN by flashing it with a custom firmware. Took me days to get working.

Your best bet it to get in a party with these guys and grab their IPs, go to your ISP or contact the FBI and have these ****ers internet turned off, or better yet, put them in prison for a federal crime (denial of service attacks are a federal crime).

Good luck bud.

Alaina 7S

Sexy Man IV

When I close my eyes, I Can't see.
Reaction score
Sin$
Run a VPN or just block all contact with them then call ISP and have them change your IP at least twice.

Incorporated

Incorporated

#GayPride
Chatty Kathy CotM Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't even continue arguing with Pancake, his as stubborn as a brick wall man. To him, what he says is right and what you say is wrong, hence why he claims he wont reply back after every other 3 replies. Trust me, I've argued with him many times back in the GTA IV threads.

Anways.. now a days, most people don't know how to boot someone off by themselves. They use host booters, these help douche bags and wanna be hackers alike to knock people offline. So even if they somehow managed to get an IP (out of all of the ISP's customers..) they wouldn't be able to take action. They have no proof that, that was the exact IP that was hitting Kate here. Most UDP/TCP floods are spoofed or are more than 1 (if it's a botnet..).

Your best bet OP is to call your ISP, tell them that you're being hit offline (you may have to explain to them why exactly) and ask them if they can renew your IP address. If they ask for why you're being knocked off, tell them the truth. If you're not hitting someone off, then you're not doing anything wrong so there's no reason to think that you could be banned from their service.
You may also want to ask how to renew your IP yourself so you don't have to constantly call in. IP address's now a days are all dynamic, meaning it will change at some point in time. Usually you can just disconnect your router for a few hours or over night and you'll start up with a new IP, but for some ISP's you can actually log into your router and drop/renew an IP and be back within a minute.

VPN's are good, but a good VPN that you wont notice any difference in game play is not only hard to find but also costs money. If you're constantly getting into lobbies with these kind of people, change your Gamerzone and make sure to unprefer them. People say it wont work, but you'll notice it after awhile. You can also block communications/mute the person and it will be harder to get an IP, unless you join their game or party.
If you'd like to go the VPN route still, make sure to read up on each one. Check to see if you can have more than one IP, is it USA or offshore? (I prefer off-shore, but that's for other reasons), what is the bandwidth of the VPN?, how well is your traffic encrypted (again, not needed if you're just using it for gaming.. but most good VPN's will be 256 bit encryption, which is pretty good.) Here's an article that explains a little on how a VPN works and what they're all about: HowStuffWorks VPN's

Usually Dynamic IPs can be changed by the ISP or if you want to change it by yourself you pretty much just unplug your modem for 24 hours and it will set you up with a new IP.

lildeadman V2

lildeadman V2

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Usually Dynamic IPs can be changed by the ISP or if you want to change it by yourself you pretty much just unplug your modem for 24 hours and it will set you up with a new IP.

Yeah, I have a long term DHCP (if I remember that correctly..) and I'd have to unplug my router for a couple days for that to work. But the modem I have now lets me do it manually by dropping the IP and renewing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register