how banning by console works?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by brandt77, Jan 23, 2009 with 12 replies and 666 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandt77

brandt77 Newbie

Ratings:
    how does banning by console work?
    i found a AS IS xbox on ebay with a bad dvd drive. if i were to buy it and ever get banned, can i just swipe out my dvd drive to that xbox and return to gaming, or does the key written in your dvd drive need to match the main board?
    thanks for reading brothers

2. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
  3. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You get the console ID banned, and after that your ****ed. Swapping any part will not unban the xbox, once its banned its banned for good.

4. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    You could unban yourself by replacing your Xbox 360's keyvault, but you will need an exploitable box.

5. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Which he doesn't have a dev kit, therefore can't extract ****.....

Plus I highly doubt he'd pay between $1,000-$2000 just to get one when he could buy five or ten new 360s for the same price.

Although you could get one from someone else or buy the keyvault if you got lucky. Here's the information if you want it for reference. You also need an Infectus modchip and an exploited game like King Kong.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/114508-unban-your-xbox-360-a.html

6. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    They dont ban the HDD, they ban the console ID in the internal ROM chip.

You would have to buy an Infectus modchip which costs $60+ then you would have to install it on an unbanned 360 to get the NAND flash from that one then install it on yours and flash the unbanned NAND onto it. not worth the time and money.

Again, nobody said anything about a devkit. and even if he did have one what would a devkit do to unban his retail 360?

7. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I never said they did. The HDD of the 360 he's buying is bad.

I thought you needed an extracted keyvault. I've never had to unban a 360 so there are a couple parts that I get confused with. I thought a NAND dump was a keyvault to tell you the truth lol.

8. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    He said DVD drive not hard drive

9. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Yeah. And I think he's asking that if his original xbox were to be banned, he wants to know if he can just get the dvd drive from his original and put it into his one off ebay. The answer is yes, but you need the key off the dvd drive you're replacing. Maybe the seller might have it or something. Then when you have the key, you write it over the original key.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    I think its retarded they dont ban your gamertag...

11. Epsilon

Epsilon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I got donkey kong exploit on my retail

12. OP
    brandt77

brandt77 Newbie

Ratings:
    i like this answer
    i think he is the only one who fully read my question

13. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Well, if you're paying for a gamertag and they banned it, you would stop paying for it, and MS doesn't want that. Plus if they ban your console, you will hopefully go and buy another one. So, they want your money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.