What's new

Solved how banning by console works?

B

brandt77

Reaction score
Sin$
how does banning by console work?
i found a AS IS xbox on ebay with a bad dvd drive. if i were to buy it and ever get banned, can i just swipe out my dvd drive to that xbox and return to gaming, or does the key written in your dvd drive need to match the main board?
thanks for reading brothers

B

Bac0n

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You get the console ID banned, and after that your ****ed. Swapping any part will not unban the xbox, once its banned its banned for good.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Which he doesn't have a dev kit, therefore can't extract ****.....

Plus I highly doubt he'd pay between $1,000-$2000 just to get one when he could buy five or ten new 360s for the same price.

Although you could get one from someone else or buy the keyvault if you got lucky. Here's the information if you want it for reference. You also need an Infectus modchip and an exploited game like King Kong.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/114508-unban-your-xbox-360-a.html

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
B-rad said:
You have to unlock the hdd key. There's only one way to do this and there's only one model hdd that will work.

Use this tutorial and you'll be good to go.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/115445-replace-xbox-360-hdd.html
They dont ban the HDD, they ban the console ID in the internal ROM chip.

brandt77 said:
how does banning by console work?
i found a AS IS xbox on ebay with a bad dvd drive. if i were to buy it and ever get banned, can i just swipe out my dvd drive to that xbox and return to gaming, or does the key written in your dvd drive need to match the main board?
thanks for reading brothers
You would have to buy an Infectus modchip which costs $60+ then you would have to install it on an unbanned 360 to get the NAND flash from that one then install it on yours and flash the unbanned NAND onto it. not worth the time and money.

B-rad said:
Which he doesn't have a dev kit, therefore can't extract ****.....

Plus I highly doubt he'd pay between $1,000-$2000 just to get one when he could buy five or ten new 360s for the same price.

Although you could get one from someone else or buy the keyvault if you got lucky. Here's the information if you want it for reference. You also need an Infectus modchip and an exploited game like King Kong.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/114508-unban-your-xbox-360-a.html
Again, nobody said anything about a devkit. and even if he did have one what would a devkit do to unban his retail 360?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Scar said:
They dont ban the HDD, they ban the console ID in the internal ROM chip.

I never said they did. The HDD of the 360 he's buying is bad.

Scar said:
Again, nobody said anything about a devkit. and even if he did have one what would a devkit do to unban his retail 360?

I thought you needed an extracted keyvault. I've never had to unban a 360 so there are a couple parts that I get confused with. I thought a NAND dump was a keyvault to tell you the truth lol.

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. And I think he's asking that if his original xbox were to be banned, he wants to know if he can just get the dvd drive from his original and put it into his one off ebay. The answer is yes, but you need the key off the dvd drive you're replacing. Maybe the seller might have it or something. Then when you have the key, you write it over the original key.

B

brandt77

Reaction score
Sin$
Noupoi said:
Yeah. And I think he's asking that if his original xbox were to be banned, he wants to know if he can just get the dvd drive from his original and put it into his one off ebay. The answer is yes, but you need the key off the dvd drive you're replacing. Maybe the seller might have it or something. Then when you have the key, you write it over the original key.
i like this answer
i think he is the only one who fully read my question

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Otaku Se7en said:
I think its retarded they dont ban your gamertag...

Well, if you're paying for a gamertag and they banned it, you would stop paying for it, and MS doesn't want that. Plus if they ban your console, you will hopefully go and buy another one. So, they want your money.

Top Bottom
Login
Register