What's new

Solved Houston We Have a Problem (OPENING XBOX)

• Thread starter tgi gonzo
  • Start date
  • Views 3,976
tgi gonzo

tgi gonzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So yeah I have a big problem, well I think I do. I was opening my xbox doing my thing because I have an open tray error and want to fix it. The big problem here is that the pins you have to hit when taking off the whole case are damaged. I have no idea how to wedge them up now and this is stopping me from fixing my error. PLEASE HELP. Thank you in advance.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
So yeah I have a big problem, well I think I do. I was opening my xbox doing my thing because I have an open tray error and want to fix it. The big problem here is that the pins you have to hit when taking off the whole case are damaged. I have no idea how to wedge them up now and this is stopping me from fixing my error. PLEASE HELP. Thank you in advance.
The things you have to prod with a small rod (lol)? Keep trying with different objects. If that doesn't work try to get them from the side. If it totally doesn't work then you have to break the case off and buy a new one.

tgi gonzo

tgi gonzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The things you have to prod with a small rod (lol)? Keep trying with different objects. If that doesn't work try to get them from the side. If it totally doesn't work then you have to break the case off and buy a new one.
The 7 you have to use a flat-head for. I'll keep trying but this is very irritating. Is it possible to buy a new case? Is there any harm in running the xbox without the plastic case?

tgi gonzo

tgi gonzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ehhhhhhhh. I think as long as you have the air vents to the fans it should work.
k535ea.jpg

I'm talking about those. They won't come budge. The pins are wore down and won't budge. The only thing I was thinking about was cutting it. This would let me fix my open tray and then I can just place it back in the same place?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
k535ea.jpg

I'm talking about those. They won't come budge. The pins are wore down and won't budge. The only thing I was thinking about was cutting it. This would let me fix my open tray and then I can just place it back in the same place?
You can but it wont stay together with those cut, so you would have to buy a new one. Those wear after a while and stop working. Only thing to try is to find a really small but stiff objects and JAM it in there and wiggle it all around MULTIPLE times. If that doesn't work you have to cut it.

tgi gonzo

tgi gonzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can but it wont stay together with those cut, so you would have to buy a new one. Those wear after a while and stop working. Only thing to try is to find a really small but stiff objects and JAM it in there and wiggle it all around MULTIPLE times. If that doesn't work you have to cut it.
Do you have any ideas where I can buy a new case?

tgi gonzo

tgi gonzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
eBay for an offical or custom case, but if you don't mind not having an official you can also get custom cases at other sites.
I don't mind having a custom case. I just need to find a site that's trusted. Problem is that I either have to order one now if I want it to come before Thanksgiving when everything is closed. I might just keep looking for an object that's small and stiff. If I can't open it then I'll have to cut it and I'll play a bit by covering the xbox with the broken case. I have an idea on how to cover it even if it's cut. Sounds good?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't mind having a custom case. I just need to find a site that's trusted. Problem is that I either have to order one now if I want it to come before Thanksgiving when everything is closed. I might just keep looking for an object that's small and stiff. If I can't open it then I'll have to cut it and I'll play a bit by covering the xbox with the broken case. I have an idea on how to cover it even if it's cut. Sounds good?
I guess if it is for you.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Just push them in harder. Use a bigger flathead if necessary. Try to angle the screwdriver up, this way it can pop it. Make sure you're pulling up on the case so that it lifts away.

GModz Tuts

GModz Tuts

Se7ensins Un-Official Lobby Verifier
Free Hoster Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Jesus christ. Pull the front of the case apart and grasp both sides. Rip it appart. Litterally. Really fast in one movement. Dont stop or you will break your case.

You can run your xbox perfectly safe without a case as long as the fan shroud is put back in. And given nothing gets spilled on it.

F

fail0verflow

Reaction score
Sin$
I always use a pin when opening a case, I have had a stubborn one which would not unclip. I had to pull it apart do as suggested if your lucky nothing will snap. there is always a chance it could break some plastic.

tgi gonzo

tgi gonzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jesus christ. Pull the front of the case apart and grasp both sides. Rip it appart. Litterally. Really fast in one movement. Dont stop or you will break your case.

You can run your xbox perfectly safe without a case as long as the fan shroud is put back in. And given nothing gets spilled on it.
No need to get angry. I opened it by using a small object. Thank you all for the responses.

Top Bottom
Login
Register