Hotswapping, with Games saved to drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by haloguy, Nov 22, 2008 with 8 replies and 457 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haloguy

haloguy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My question is this. If you were to save a(n) game onto your HDD, by the original disc. Then removed the disc once it starts spinning, would the game continue to play/load? As in to a point where you can play the *entire* game without a disc. Has anybody attempted this yet? If the above question gets answered I will ask the next question which is possibly quite stupid, but might work.

2. Crazy Brit

Crazy Brit Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well I haven't tried removing the disc from the top but I do know just ejecting the disc does not work.

3. Danhrules

Danhrules VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It only works if you remove the disk from the top - eject or emergency eject will force you back to the dash.

4. OP
    haloguy

haloguy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So taking it out of the top would NOT send it to the dashboard, and it would continue to play the whole game?

5. Danhrules

Danhrules VIP VIP

Ratings:
    From what people have been saying, yes. And it makes sense, since the disk only spins when you load the game to check it's the right disk.

6. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    Ya, it would work. But what good what it do since you need the CD to start it up anyway.:?

7. Danhrules

Danhrules VIP VIP

Ratings:
    To play a system link with only one copy of the disk?

8. x Freedom x

x Freedom x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea but chances are half your friends are not gonna want to void there warranty to play whatever game with you.

Even if you were to rent from blockbuster than do this and return the game your xbox would RROD by the time you beat the game.

9. OP
    haloguy

haloguy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, My xbox's warrenty is already over, it only had 2 years. So among other things, I want to open it to hot swap. My idea was, not to use it to system link, but to copy H2 onto the drive. I was wanting to know if it would be possible to save the disc to a computer, then transfer the whole game to the 360 Games folder. Where it could be selected, and booted from hard drive. The idea was to cover up a game thats currently in the games folder with halo 2, then start up that 360 game, through the hard drive. But it actually boots halo 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.