What's new

Solved Hotswap softmodding with USB and 1 IDE port?

• Thread starter sniperz47
  • Start date
  • Views 1,524
S

sniperz47

Reaction score
Hello, I've recently found this

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?/topic/690646-xboxhdm-22-usb-edition/

I don't have any old PC's around but I do have one with 1 IDE port in it supporting 2 devices and a black ASUS IDE cable. Can I boot XboxHDM off the USB (it actually boots and works) and hotswap my xbox to my PC with the IDE cable sticking out? Obviously using the Error 12 method, I need to softmod it out of curiosity - it looks amazing what you can do but I don't have splinter cell or a usb cable.

If so could somebody please lead me through it and link me to the best xbox dash, cheers :smile:

EDIT: There is barely any information on the internet on softmodding with 1 port, and the only tutorial barely explains anything

S

sniperz47

Reaction score
Could I get a reply ASAP please, cheers

C

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Premium
Reaction score
I don't think many know how to do it including me, and most people would prefer the easyer usb, splintercell way of softmodding

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Hello, I've recently found this

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?/topic/690646-xboxhdm-22-usb-edition/

I don't have any old PC's around but I do have one with 1 IDE port in it supporting 2 devices and a black ASUS IDE cable. Can I boot XboxHDM off the USB (it actually boots and works) and hotswap my xbox to my PC with the IDE cable sticking out? Obviously using the Error 12 method, I need to softmod it out of curiosity - it looks amazing what you can do but I don't have splinter cell or a usb cable.

If so could somebody please lead me through it and link me to the best xbox dash, cheers :smile:

EDIT: There is barely any information on the internet on softmodding with 1 port, and the only tutorial barely explains anything

having trouble picturing this. can you post pics on the setup you're hoping to use?

S

sniperz47

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies, I'll show you a pic of what I mean (I didnt take it)

Zoidberg%20011.jpg

The Xbox DVD connector is disconnected so when you turn on the Xbox it gives you an error. When you see the error you quickly disconnect the Xbox hard drive and connect it to your computer - from there you use XboxHDM and it copies files to the hard drive - the UnleashX dashboard then comes up on the next reboot and you're done

This is the process of hotswapping - instead of using a dvd drive to boot XboxHDM i will be using a USB drive with a different version made for USB booting

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies, I'll show you a pic of what I mean (I didnt take it)

Zoidberg%20011.jpg

The Xbox DVD connector is disconnected so when you turn on the Xbox it gives you an error. When you see the error you quickly disconnect the Xbox hard drive and connect it to your computer - from there you use XboxHDM and it copies files to the hard drive - the UnleashX dashboard then comes up on the next reboot and you're done

This is the process of hotswapping - instead of using a dvd drive to boot XboxHDM i will be using a USB drive with a different version made for USB booting
From the looks of that link you had you should just be able to boot it from the USB. However, I'd really recommend you go out and buy a copy of Splinter Cell. I got mine for about $3 on jjgames. I also made a tutorial on how to create your own USB data transfer cable for the Xbox or as some like to call it a "USB dongle". You can view that here
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-create-a-usb-dongle.1388430/
As for dashboards, I'd recommend Unleash X as your main boot up. You can always add more dashboards in your applications folder.

Top Bottom