Unsolved Hosting a private server on VPN? HELP!!!!

Lucid Shroomz

Custom Controllers & Consoles
Reaction score
Recently I was able to host a Minecraft server (Vanilla) on my PC and network with no issues. I was able to port forward and join and have a friend outside my network connect. Now for some odd reason, i can't host a server now. I can open the port in my router settings but when I go to check the port with a port checker. I get nothing. Not open. Nobody can join and Server doesn't even show up on other peoples computers. Now i use Private Internet Access (P.I.A) VPN for my daily use for security and it allows port forwarding but same problem. The port is shown open when I'm on the vpn but the server wont work. If anyone could please help whether i host it on my vpn or not. I also want to host a Tekkit server once i can figure out why the vanilla won't work. I've tried to use Hamachi but i get issues with it.

Apollo

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Recently I was able to host a Minecraft server (Vanilla) on my PC and network with no issues. I was able to port forward and join and have a friend outside my network connect. Now for some odd reason, i can't host a server now. I can open the port in my router settings but when I go to check the port with a port checker. I get nothing. Not open. Nobody can join and Server doesn't even show up on other peoples computers. Now i use Private Internet Access (P.I.A) VPN for my daily use for security and it allows port forwarding but same problem. The port is shown open when I'm on the vpn but the server wont work. If anyone could please help whether i host it on my vpn or not. I also want to host a Tekkit server once i can figure out why the vanilla won't work. I've tried to use Hamachi but i get issues with it.
No, get a VPS. :tongue:

Top Bottom