• Thread starter Snoops
  • Start date
  • Views 381
Snoops

Snoops

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I get this error almost every day, and it kills my load times. I don't know how to fix this error, and it is really messing me up. If no one on here can help me, I'm probably going to have to call a professional to fix it. I would appreciate any help

I get a pop up that says "Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and and was closed. A problem caused caused the application caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

I've looked into this but, I can't fix it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me fix this error, thanks

Operating System
  1. Windows
geordychamp

geordychamp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I get this error almost every day, and it kills my load times. I don't know how to fix this error, and it is really messing me up. If no one on here can help me, I'm probably going to have to call a professional to fix it. I would appreciate any help

I get a pop up that says "Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and and was closed. A problem caused caused the application caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

I've looked into this but, I can't fix it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me fix this error, thanks

a host process is called svchost in task manager which is the process that runs windows services like the rpc service or the print spooler so first are you killing those processes in task manager as i used to make that mistake years ago if not then its most likely a problem with your registry, download a program called ccleaner from a company called piriform and run the registry repair that should fix the problem if it doesnt then you might have a virus thats stopping services to let it run more easily if you dont have an anti virus download and run avast and then download and run spybot search and destroy between the two of them you should clear your pc of any viruses.

if these dont help let me know and ill see if i can help more

Snoops

Snoops

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
a host process is called svchost in task manager which is the process that runs windows services like the rpc service or the print spooler so first are you killing those processes in task manager as i used to make that mistake years ago if not then its most likely a problem with your registry, download a program called ccleaner from a company called piriform and run the registry repair that should fix the problem if it doesnt then you might have a virus thats stopping services to let it run more easily if you dont have an anti virus download and run avast and then download and run spybot search and destroy between the two of them you should clear your pc of any viruses.

if these dont help let me know and ill see if i can help more
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just ran CCleaner and fixed the registry problems, I don't know if it fixed it yet. I wasn't killing the svchost in task manager. I just downloaded spyboy SnD and I am going to see if that fixes it. I +repped you for your help and I'll let you know if it does or does not help.
Thanks again, Snoops

Snoops

Snoops

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks i always appreciate rep and yeh let me know if its still not working and i'll see if i can help

Hmm well, I ran CCleaner and it fixed the registry issues. I don't know what the issues were, but it fixed the ones that were there. Spybot SnD said that there were no issues that existed, so I guess I don't have a virus. I'll let you know if I get the error again.
Thanks

geordychamp

geordychamp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm well, I ran CCleaner and it fixed the registry issues. I don't know what the issues were, but it fixed the ones that were there. Spybot SnD said that there were no issues that existed, so I guess I don't have a virus. I'll let you know if I get the error again.
Thanks

no probs glad i could help btw you might want to run a disk check as well just in case there is any corrupted data click start>run and then type cmd in the prompt type chkdsk and let it run through that should check your disk for errors

Snoops

Snoops

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no probs glad i could help btw you might want to run a disk check as well just in case there is any corrupted data click start>run and then type cmd in the prompt type chkdsk and let it run through that should check your disk for errors

Damn, I just got the error again. I'm doing the disk check. Maybe that will give me some answers
Edit: The disk check just finished and it says that
"Windows has checked the file system and found no problems"
so now I am really confused. I can't figure out how to fix this, and I don't even know what the problem is

2nd Edit: I also do get popups somewhat often so that makes me think that I have a virus even though the spybot app said I didn't. I randomly get popups that say like "You are Today's Winner" etc, so yeah idk.

geordychamp

geordychamp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn, I just got the error again. I'm doing the disk check. Maybe that will give me some answers
Edit: The disk check just finished and it says that
"Windows has checked the file system and found no problems"
so now I am really confused. I can't figure out how to fix this, and I don't even know what the problem is

2nd Edit: I also do get popups somewhat often so that makes me think that I have a virus even though the spybot app said I didn't. I randomly get popups that say like "You are Today's Winner" etc, so yeah idk.

not good, you could try a program called malware bytes ive never used it but everyone says its good so see if that helps and if not you can try a windows start up repair its a bit too complex to go into but if you google it there are a ton of tuts on how to do it that should fix any windows issues

Snoops

Snoops

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
not good, you could try a program called malware bytes ive never used it but everyone says its good so see if that helps and if not you can try a windows start up repair its a bit too complex to go into but if you google it there are a ton of tuts on how to do it that should fix any windows issues
Ok, I'll look into it. I appreciate all the help you're giving, thanks

Top Bottom
Login
Register