host problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by bieft19, Feb 23, 2009 with 5 replies and 446 views.

1. bieft19

bieft19 Newbie

Ratings:
    hello everyone i have a problem sinds i buyed a new modem Thompson ST780 WL (kpn experia box)my first problem was that my NAT was strict so i anabled UpNp.now it was not stict anymore but my next problem is that when i want to play gears of war 2 online im always host? not realy a problem i dont mind being host al the time. but i cant get a full team to play with me its always 5 versus 3 never 5 versus 5 this way people are always leaving i have no idea how to fix this can anyone help me out?Thompson ST780 WL is conected with a MIMO-XR sitecom (wireless router) this one is conected to my xbox360 i started having problems when i buyed the new modem if i cant get it to work i wil use my old modem again. thanx

2. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Have you asked why they leave?
    Does this happen in the middle of a match, or while searching for one?
    Nowadays there are many quitters so it really isnt a suprise to me 1 or 2 leave the game.

3. OP
    bieft19

bieft19 Newbie

Ratings:
    it happens in the conecting part (not the searching part) when you see the 10 players conecting some just wont connect. so the game most of the time start with 5 versus 3 its not that they leave they just cant connect i cant even see the names of the ones that did not make it in the gamei know there are a lot of quitters but that is not the problem

4. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Make sure your windows firewall is off, and any other anit-virus program using a firewall as well.

5. OP
    bieft19

bieft19 Newbie

Ratings:
    i think thats the problem because when i check out my modem en the log section (dont know how its called in englisch) i can see what went wrongFIREWALL icmp check (1 of 4): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: **.***.**.** Dst ip: **.***.***.*** Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Host Unreacheableso the problem is my firewall do i have to turn it of or can i maybe change some settings?thanx for the help

6. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Yes, turn off any other firewall, besides ZAP's firewall.