Host bans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Otaku Se7en, Jan 28, 2009 with 15 replies and 1,324 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Some people seem to be host banned since the update, someone post if the method they used to bridge no longer gets them host or if they found another way after being host banned, and also if they are handing out host bans I'm sure there's a way to host ban without another update with ways to find out who's bridging and who's not. (then banning the bridgers.)

2. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    There is already a thread about this, and the answer is no, there is no host ban. I've been bridging for a month or two now and I'm still finding games. What's going wrong for a lot of people is that there are a ton of other people bridging for host. This makes the match wait time longer, and makes the LS method weaker. This is because a bridger using ZAP and/or Cain will get host over a person using a LS 9/10 times. The LS way isn't fool proof in my opinion, it will just get you host over someone going in legit. If a LS runs into a bridger, I'm fairly sure the Bridger will get host.

This is the reason for confusion among the LS In my opinion. I could be wrong, but I believe the massive number of people bridging using ZAP and stuff are outnumbering the LSers and making that method obsolete.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Huh, some people I have seen posts where their bridging methods no longer get them host, and I thought the other post was from before the update.

4. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Which ways are not getting host? I use ZAP and that method is still working 100%

5. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    The reason people aren't getting host is because they aren't bridging correctly. If you bridge the proper way, you will get host, it just takes a long time.

6. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    True dat

7. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    deffo wrong the LS have been going longer than the bridgers and are less hassle to use compared to the bridger's all you need to flick a switch from where you are playing no need for a pc either,so that would have nothing to do with bridging making LS weaker.
    how epic do the host ban is in there server(yes server the public one ranked that carrys all your stats and sets up the team balance) they apply net fix's they've already done one net fix before the TU,all this does is change things at there server end which in turn is supposed to improve are game play.the netfix was posted also on the main menu under the whats up option
    whilest we are searching for players of equal skill epic is bouncing packets to an throw from both teams to see which has the best connection to support the game.to which is where the force host comes in to play:wink:
    in the packets there's info such as pings(to see who has the best connection to run a game with less lag and other various things) they also check console ip's........they check these whilest they are searching for other players this is so they can ping your console (lag)now this is were i think they can retrict your box from host.
    all they have to do is put a restriction on a console id/ip when they do a search for other players.
    ive been trying most of the day today to get host not once did i get host,a rough guess how long on and off ive been searching to day 4hrs an no joy.
    theres some info on the net fixs that they use over at the offical website but no info on what it actually fixs.

really sorry if thats a bit messy but im stoned as f&*k :S

8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Umm, okay, you should edit that once you are sober... I don't know what the heck was said lol

9. Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    Ahaha, yeah Nubble that's true... can't understand jack from that dude Bruh.

10. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    cheers nub's lol,yeah il get it re written later on today had a hard day doin tattoo's had major brain stress from all the concentrating :frown: so i thought sod il get wrecked an just watch the world go by lol

11. s83A6b

s83A6b Newbie

Ratings:
    Funny how you think the ban doesn't exist because it's never happend to you...
    try being banned from getting host for 2 years.
    basically what you guys are saying is that EVERY SINGLE GAME... someone is forcing host. Wow.
    And your saying people don't host because they're not bridging correctly or w/e. you shouldn't have to bridge to get host considering there isn't someone forcing host in every single game. Use common sense -.-

12. i Flip Efects i

i Flip Efects i Newbie

Ratings:
    i have a question tho, i force host i dont have any bridge connections and it works perfectly. i use cain n abel to poison ips and zone alarm. on cain it says half routing and full routing, randomly i cant get cain to full route so i cant get host anymore.. host ban?

13. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
  14. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    There is no Host Bans, only MP bans.
    MP Ban is Legit, and Has Happened

For Help with Bridging, Post here: Need Bridging Help? Post here!

15. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    youre bridge isnt working properly.
    start from ground zero and restart your bridge set-up

16. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Okay, well all know that host ban doesn't exist, if you would spend the time actually looking at the forums, you would know that.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.