Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Host Banned from Ranked Matches

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by Ix Bio Acid xI, Jan 12, 2009 with 21 replies and 1,815 views.

1. Ix Bio Acid xI

Ix Bio Acid xI Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I could always get host before the start of this month.

It would seem I have been banned from getting host in Ranked Online games. The reason being as last month I went over my 20GB's limit and the system kept giving me host. Seeing as I couldn't host as I was over my limit, I think it has now banned me from getting host.

I can still host Private games and Online Co-Op games. In private games I can host 18 players no worries but whenever it tries to give me host in a Ranked Online game it says "Unable to find a host" and kicks me out.

Does anyone know how long a host ban last's for ? or anything to fix this problem ?

2. dw33z

dw33z Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Re: Host Banned from Ranked Matchs

have you tried reseting your cache on you hd? always worked for me in cod4.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:

Tried that and everything else, also I've been searching on callofduty.com and it seems alot of people from different countries are having this issue and it's getting worse each week.

Just wish they would either say people get host banned if they quit a few games, like if I was host I may have left maybe 4 games I was hosting and I use to get host every time I played.

4. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:

You can get host banned for bridging host AFAIK.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:

Well I've never done that, however I think the system might think I did due to me going over my limit of 20GB's / month and having my net slowed. The server would still give me host knowing in the past I can host, however due to being over my limit no-one else could connect to me and I would have to end the game.

Any idea how long the ban might last ? or will I have to take this up with Microsoft ?.

6. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:

Yea try calling MS.

7. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:

Cheers, will do.

8. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:

Microsoft didn't make the game. If you are host banned from CoD5 only, they will tell you to call CoD5 support.

9. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:

That's what I thought, however Activision said neither they or Treyarch control the server's its all Microsoft. So I need to take it up with them.

10. JonMS

JonMS Newbie

Ratings:
    please keep us updated on how you go with this. I was also host banned due to a conflicting IP Address on my network

11. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:
    Well i've spoken to microsoft, my ISP and treyarch. From what I can understand I think REP is somewhat to blame, if you have bad rep then your chance's of hosting goes down. Try getting all your friends to give you good rep and other players to. I am also waiting on a Firmware upgrade for my Modem to see if that helps also as I run it via Wireless.

12. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Ok well it is good to hear you at least found out why.

13. JonMS

JonMS Newbie

Ratings:
    Well your REP answer is bull because On the beta and when the game first came out I was always host and my rep has sat at 17% preferred and 83% avoided for at least a year and it has not affected me getting host in anyway. Last night I went back to COD4 and got host my very first game.

14. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Did you ever think that they made that rule when the actual game came out?

15. JonMS

JonMS Newbie

Ratings:
    Wouldnt it effect all recent games than? because I get host on the time on GOW2.

They wouldnt impose a new rule for a single game. Its definitely something in treyarchs side because it was on COD4 but a simple cache clear was all you needed, Im guessing treyarch just changed it to have it stored server side instead.

16. DaLoneGiraffe

DaLoneGiraffe Newbie

Ratings:
    Why would that affect u being host if they giv4e u bad rep it just means it makes it so they dont play with u anymore:?:confused:cared:

17. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:
    When people file a complaint or avoid you it logs what Game it was placed on. If people are giving you bad REP on a game then Microsoft looks into why, and the only reason people would have done that to me is for when I got host over someone from the USA/UK or where-ever.

18. CrazyBeast

CrazyBeast Newbie

Ratings:
    how do you know if you go past 20GB's in a month?

19. OP
    Ix Bio Acid xI

Ratings:
    I can check my online usage at my ISP's website, it show's me how much I have used total for the month and I can check what I use each day.

20. RuudBullit

RuudBullit Newbie

Ratings:
    what about changing isp's to someone who doesnt limit your usage