Host Ban, Possible or No?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Nubble, Jan 2, 2009 with 34 replies and 1,454 views.

1. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    So is the Host Ban Idea possible?

2. LeGeNd x187

LeGeNd x187 Banned

Ratings:
    no idea..i doubt it...but you can probrably get banned if you standby alot...i dont think you can get banned for boosting because the other people get lagged out before they realise what him them.

3. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It is possible, I don't know if it has happened yet but it is obviously POSSIBLE but will they do it I can't say for sure. I have heard reports of others getting host banned from certain gametypes already so it is whether you want to believe that or not.

4. OP
    Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Well, I cant get games in WINGMAN anymore, so maybe I am...:frown:

5. BR N Snipez

BR N Snipez Newbie

Ratings:
    I Cant Get Host In Wingman Either But I Could Be Doing The Bridging Wrong Or Something I'm Kinda New

6. Deathstar

Deathstar Newbie

Ratings:
    oddly ..ic ant get any more wingman either...thats interesting...

7. IzzY

IzzY Getting There

Ratings:
    Maybe if host was strong as Gears one. You can tell a Gears two host but it isnt as beastly as one. If it was Gears on then DEF. Also, the game has been out for 3 months and I've only got put into one Standby game it really isnt that common. [For me atleast]

8. OP
    Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, well just about every game that I play that I choose to play legitly, I get standbyed

9. fLx YoungBlood

fLx YoungBlood Newbie

Ratings:
    I can't get host in wingman,but in elimination etc. i can get it.What can be the problem ?

10. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Dunno, but I couldn't understand you over XBL, how do you standby for host with a lag switch?

11. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    I'm was working on my bridging for team standby, so I wount have to kill everyone my self. But I dont bridge to get host, I have a method with lag switch that, with full party I get host 100%, hasnt failed yet.

i would say something now its not working lol, mmmm maybe my connection is too good atm, been working fine for past week

12. KiLLa CaM

KiLLa CaM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i can get games no problem when bridging in wingman, idk, weird...

13. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    i get games just not host

14. OP
    Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Well, I can say that it isn't an account ban, because I have 6 accounts, and all of them are not able to get into WINGMAN games...

15. INaDeSHoT

INaDeSHoT Newbie

Ratings:
    THIS FORUM IS FOR TUTORIALS ONLY. CLOSE THIS THREAD.

16. OP
    Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    This is a legitimate thread, we are leaving it open

17. Deathstar

Deathstar Newbie

Ratings:
    maybe the host ban is not with your account... maybe its in the xbox reg number or with your IP

another options may be.

a) too many people doing force host
    b) some kind of new protection for people who get host alot but get complains /bad rep alot too.

dunno. but i cant get a wingman game anymore.

18. BlPlague2007

BlPlague2007 Newbie

Ratings:
    how do you know if you get host banned because i cant bridge anymore, do they ban by ip or what, and is it permanent?

19. OP
    Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    No one is really sure lol, it just seems that sometimes you just can't get host...

20. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Most likely it is a rare occurrence of non getting host, however if you were to get host banned it would most likely block your ip and possibly your account as well. That is why sometimes you need to keep refreshing matchmaking by either restarting the search or start searching in another playlist then switch back. However if they are host banning which I highly doubt they are they would simply block your ip from their servers.