Solved Horizon Simply Doesn't Work for Me On Win10 (for XBox One Saves)

Apex_Tactical

Reaction score
Hey people,
I am an experienced Gibber who is trying to edit my save files for use on Xbox one. I used to mod on an old laptop and now I am trying on my Win10 machine. Essentially I just want to edit my unlimited ammo so that I can actually use weapons on the Xbox One.

I can't get Horizon to work for me. It simply won't recognize any device. I've installed around a dozen different versions from here and all across the interwebs to no avail. I've formatted my USB to Fat32 and can see the files in XFat viewer -- but Horizon simply won't recognize any USB I try. (I also formatted the USB on the 360 to be sure it is formatted correctly -- none of the three different USB devices work with Horizon)

I've tried running it as admin.
I've tried running with Win10 high contrast on and off.
I've tried running every version from a beta 2011 to the latest I could find. (open source edited versions, everything)

Horizon will simply never find any device I attach.

Has anyone here successfully used Win10 to run Horizon? If yes, what version did you run, where did you download it and what issues/problems did you have to overcome to get it to work?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Apex_Tactical

Reaction score
Update -- I got it to run on an old Win7 laptop. So, no solution for Win10 users -- but as a work around you can open up an old operating system and still edit your saves.

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I havent checked recently but, I've ran Horizon on Windows 10 before.

In fact, that's the only OS I've ever ran it on.

Top Bottom