What's new

Patched Homing Launcher Glitch (No Lock-On's)

• Thread starter Vice City
  • Start date
  • Views 8,132
V

Vice City

Grand Theft Auto
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first glitch post onto Se7ensins. The reason I decided to post this is because I've not seen this noticed anywhere around the glitching section & thought people should know about it.

Firstly, this is a glitch in which stops anyone with a homing launcher from locking onto you. This method will also require a friend. As you may know, all combat vehicles can be duplicated through a 1v1 DM invite while in freemode. Except the Valkyrie, Annihilator and Insurgents.

This glitch would mostly revolve around heli pilots & jet pilots.

Step 1: Be in any freemode session with a friend
Step 2: You or your friend gets a Jet/Attack heli (Buzzard, Savage, P-996, Hydra)
Step 3: the person in the Jet/Heli then kills their friend.
Step 4: While in the "Wasted" screen, the player who was killed sends a 1v1 deathmatch invite (Do not spam X/A, wait for your friend to accept the invite & re-spawn naturally)
Step 5: The person in the Jet/Heli accepts the invite

Now when you re-spawn you will be in the same aircraft as your friend, e.g. if they killed you in the Hydra, you will also re-spawn in a Hydra. If you did not re-spawn in one, end the DM & repeat. If you spawn on the ground & can't move, again end the DM & repeat.

Once your satisfied you can fly etc. you then both end the DM. The player who was killed first & sent the DM will be invulnerable to lock-on's. Basically, if someone with the homing launcher is trying to lock onto you, it won't work. This only works for the player who sent the DM & re-spawned in the Jet/Heli.

To do this for yourself you can simply kill yourself while in the 1v1 to save time of quitting & having your friend kill you to repeat the steps
E.g. you kill your friend who is on the ground, he sends the 1v1 & you accept, once he's re-spawned & can confirm he can move, kill yourself to re-spawn in the 1v1 vehicle, then end the deathmatch. Making you both immune to lock-on's.

Also note that both of you don't need to be in the same Jet/Heli, only the person who kill's you.
E.g. your friend rings for a savage, fly's over to you & kills you. You then send the 1v1, they accept & you re-spawn in the Savage.

I know the glitch has been pointed out about duplicating Hydra's in freemode using this method, but this is a separate glitch as it's only been possible since the Ill Gotten Gains Part 2 Update.
Also I'm to believe that the spawning in the same Jet/Heli after the 1v1 has been accept is in-fact not a glitch but something implemented by Rockstar. 
Also to note, I'm on PS4, so if someone else could test this on PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360 & let me know down below if it works on there also. Thanks :smile:

Last edited:
O

OGxTangotheRGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This explains a lot. I remember there were a couple of guys flying around in Savages killing me, but I couldn't lock on. Every time one of them died, they'd start a deathmatch. This is a really good find. I'll keep this in mind

T

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
I've used a DM on so many occasions to give a mate a jet, not once did I realise this. Guaranteed nearly instant patch but still, excellent share. I'm gonna use this :smile:

V

Vice City

Grand Theft Auto
Reaction score
:tongue: thanks. I spend a lot of time flying Jet's & only really noticed it nearly 2 weeks back when me & a friend was having "fun" with the savage. Then we tested it & it's pretty good glitch to use. Kinda makes the Helicopters worth using again haha

C

Clever93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool little find, would be epic if you and a friend were in a valkyrie, one of you uses the gunner's weapon, almost god mode.

H

Hytar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to cause chaos in los santos with my precious savage.

Last edited:
L

Level 99

President Carter
Reaction score
Now it all makes sense, that is why I was not able to lock on to this dudes Hydra getting p'd off about it too.

C

Clever93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe something similar would make traditional GTA aiming not work on you? Like it's only possible to free aim on you, would be even better.

M

MXKN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The homing launcher was nerfed on the last update, thats why u cant lock on on helicopters anymore, only the hydra.

T

The Count

Getting There
Reaction score
The homing launcher was nerfed on the last update, thats why u cant lock on on helicopters anymore, only the hydra.
really I still lock on to them weird

V

Vice City

Grand Theft Auto
Reaction score
The homing launcher has not been nerfed, it still locks onto anything. And what some people hadn't noticed was during Ill Gotten Gains Part 1, the homing launcher had it's range increased. I will add a video showing this glitch at some point over the weekend. 
Cool little find, would be epic if you and a friend were in a valkyrie, one of you uses the gunner's weapon, almost god mode.
Yea but sadly the Valkyrie does not duplicate when you enter a 1v1 DM, but it would have been deadly :devil:

H

Hamzakid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used this glitch a lot but didn't realise homing launchers can't lock on, nice

M

MXKN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The homing launcher has not been nerfed, it still locks onto anything. And what some people hadn't noticed was during Ill Gotten Gains Part 1, the homing launcher had it's range increased. I will add a video showing this glitch at some point over the weekend. 

Yea but sadly the Valkyrie does not duplicate when you enter a 1v1 DM, but it would have been deadly :devil:

I cant lock on helicopters (only npc or police), since the update, and im not the only one, there is a whole thread on another forum about this, btw im on xbox one.

Last edited:
A

Akira

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a known bug. It started in the last update. It's even an issue in death matches (rockstar created), versus missions. and some contact missions.

Last edited:
T

tustie11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that's y I could not lock into this dud the other day-.-

I

IloveflowersxD

Reaction score
Lock ons not working is a common complaint. Just about every job i play at some point glitches out and my lock ons no longer work.

G

Goehank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone tried it on last gen ?

V

Vice City

Grand Theft Auto
Reaction score
Lock ons not working is a common complaint. Just about every job i play at some point glitches out and my lock ons no longer work.
Yes, but this is still classed as a glitch, as you can achieve the no lock's by entering a 1v1 DM which would class this as a "game breaking" glitch. Also the fact that you can achieve this 100% of the time this way. 
Someone tried it on last gen ?
Sorry I sold my PS3 sometime back otherwise I would try this for you. Maybe someone who is on last gen could try it & let us know?

A

Amocat1

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first glitch post onto Se7ensins. The reason I decided to post this is because I've not seen this noticed anywhere around the glitching section & thought people should know about it.

Firstly, this is a glitch in which stops anyone with a homing launcher from locking onto you. This method will also require a friend. As you may know, all combat vehicles can be duplicated through a 1v1 DM invite while in freemode. Except the Valkyrie, Annihilator and Insurgents.

This glitch would mostly revolve around heli pilots & jet pilots.

Step 1: Be in any freemode session with a friend
Step 2: You or your friend gets a Jet/Attack heli (Buzzard, Savage, P-996, Hydra)
Step 3: the person in the Jet/Heli then kills their friend.
Step 4: While in the "Wasted" screen, the player who was killed sends a 1v1 deathmatch invite (Do not spam X/A, wait for your friend to accept the invite & re-spawn naturally)
Step 5: The person in the Jet/Heli accepts the invite

Now when you re-spawn you will be in the same aircraft as your friend, e.g. if they killed you in the Hydra, you will also re-spawn in a Hydra. If you did not re-spawn in one, end the DM & repeat. If you spawn on the ground & can't move, again end the DM & repeat.

Once your satisfied you can fly etc. you then both end the DM. The player who was killed first & sent the DM will be invulnerable to lock-on's. Basically, if someone with the homing launcher is trying to lock onto you, it won't work. This only works for the player who sent the DM & re-spawned in the Jet/Heli.

To do this for your friend you can simply kill them & repeat the process. Also note that both of you don't need to be in the same Jet/Heli, only the person who kill's you.
E.g. your friend rings for a savage, fly's over to you & kills you. You then send the 1v1, they accept & you re-spawn in the Savage.

I know the glitch has been pointed out about duplicating Hydra's in freemode using this method, but this is a separate glitch as it's only been possible since the Ill Gotten Gains Part 2 Update.
Also I'm to believe that the spawning in the same Jet/Heli after the 1v1 has been accept is in-fact not a glitch but something implemented by Rockstar. 
Also to note, I'm on PS4, so if someone else could test this on PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360 & let me know down below if it works on there also. Thanks :smile:

A

Amocat1

Reaction score

This also works on XB1 and PC. If anything Rockstar needs to nerf the homing launcher or add countermeasures to helicopters. It's completely overpowered against heli's and worthless against any decent Jet pilot. Every time I hear some no skill scrub trying to lock on my Jet with one I spawn kill em till their either passive or leave the session.

Top Bottom