• Start date
  • Views 5,777
W

Whiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MAKE YOUR OWN TURTLE BEACH​

Hey guys im doing my first tutorial on 7s.com I am new here but i thought i would share my own device i have made for playing games that have footsteps such as mw2.
This is so simple i cannot believe people spend those outrageous prices on turtle beech headsets. I heard 250 dollars!

What you will need depends on what you already have, as there are several ways you can do this.

Plug n Play Method
Check your T.V for a headphone jack. and simply plug in your head phones to that. A few adjustments to the tv volume and in game sound, and you wont be defend by harriers and you can still talk to your mates. Of course u need your own standard headphones.

Adapter Method (Not recommended but cheaper than third way)
Go to an electronics store and purchase two adapters. The first being a 3.5mm socket female - female (the headphone jacks on either side) the second adapter is a Dual Rca PLUG (FEMALE) to a 3.5mm plug (male)
To connect it simply take the two Audio cables directly from your xbox and plug into the RCA adapter, then plug that adapter into the 3.5mm adapter and your headphones into that.
The drawback to this method is you have no volume control and you are stuck with the volume that the xbox puts out as standard.

Custom Methods (ONLY IF FIRST FAILS and you dont like SECOND)
This method is a bit more complicated, but its still a fraction of the price of turtle beeches. You may need a soldering iron depending on what you yourself can find.
DVD players, stereos and vcrs sometimes have volume knobs on them, as well as headphone jacks. Sometimes its simple just plug your headphones (AND YOUR XBOX) there instead of the tv or adapters. Look around your house and ask friends to try and get one before going out and buying. If you cant do that and dont wanna buy one (dvd players are expensive where im at) you can purchase a "In Line Volume Controller" or something similar from a electronics store. Essentially it is the same as the afore-mentioned adapter method, but with a volume knob on it. Some soldering may be required and basic electronics knowledge. If u can JTAG, you can do this. All you should have to solder to the "In Line Volume Controller" is the RCA port to plug your audio into. They usually have the volume knob already, and the headphone jack. It will have the RCA Screw pins inside, which you will need to attach to some RCA plugs (FEMALE) - (Screw JACK)

I hope this helps and i realize its not a pretty tutorial, message me if you have any questions!
-Whiplash

*Edit Reason - re-wording for comprehension.

hailtoredskins

hailtoredskins

#swag
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL

-Beaches not beeches
-The highest price of a TB is 200, not 250
-If you really want a cheap headset, get the Turtle Beach XLC which is $30 and you get great sound quality

LaH x MaH

LaH x MaH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Turtle beaches suck so I don't know why you would want to make home made ones.

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Turtle beaches are for more Fun and noncompetitive gameplay
Astros are really good for competitive gameplay considering you can hear like, everything that goes on in the game.
I'd rather have astros considering they're a little cheaper <_<

T

Jay 7S

Se7en Psycho
Reaction score
Sin$
I have broke 2 pairs of turtles. x31 and x41. so I don't buy them anymore. :frown:

cheeseisdabomb2

cheeseisdabomb2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so basicly you have to sit 2 inches from your tv for option 1.

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't feel like reading that much so can you make a video?

W

Whiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL

-Beaches not beeches
-If you really want a cheap headset, get the Turtle Beach XLC which is $30 and you get great sound quality

lol i realised this today while i was at work, the reason is im from a place called Beechborro, so i am used to spelling it thus, my mistake :tongue:
In regards to the price you may be able to purchase for $30 in the U.S.A but in australia we are limited. I put $250 as an example stating the ridiculus price, i wasnt "quoting" the price.

so basicly you have to sit 2 inches from your tv for option 1.

I am a very competitve gamer and i do sit that close to my t.v, however i can see that not evryone would want to do so. This can be fixed simply by purchasing a 3.5mm (female-female) adaptor and a 3.5mm extension cable (male-male)[length your choice] which is still cheaper than Turtles.

I actually use the Plug n Play method, and find that any earphones that cover your ears work perfectly. I can hear silencers accross maps, and footsteps when they are close. I can not hear ninja, even with sit rep-pro and my volume right up. I think that its not possible to hear ninja, but i may be incorrect. Does anyone know if you can hear ninja wit Turtles?

Swiift

Swiift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember being ghetto and doing this for a minute, Good times :tongue:

Yeah dont buy the XLC's they suck.. I returned them they next day. They are so uncomfortable. Just get the X11's their only like $60 bucks and their well worth it.

W

Whiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
damn if i could get for that price i would... but with the exchange rate thats like 150 bux here.

Fog

Fog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think that its not possible to hear ninja, but i may be incorrect. Does anyone know if you can hear ninja wit Turtles?

Turtles with Astro MixAmp, Yes, you can hear footsteps even if that person is running with Ninja.
:biggrin:

W

Whiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have to flip a switch on your headset to enable louder footsteps?
I can hear my own ninja footsteps no one elses though.

W

Whiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am going to be buying the "In line volume controller" so i can film how to make it from method 3, i actually made a mistake in this part of the TuT, but if you are the sort of person to try this then you can proly figure it out. The fact is that it doesnt have a headphone jack. It has the RCA jack. You need to screw speaker wire into the screw jacks (output) and then solder the speaker wire into a 3.5mm (female) socket [MUST HAVE SOLDER POINTS]
Message me for help, or even msg me if this helped you.
-Whip

Dreww

Dreww

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Astro A40's. And I can hear ninja footsteps without sitrep pro, there the best headset ever!<3 Gotta love the leechers that paid for lobbies who bought my astros! Haha.

v DzL

v DzL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love astros. They are the best. At the moment i have X11's. It better to have TB's or Atros than using homemade options because they can built in bass boosters or an Amp that allows you to hear things which you cant hear out of the TV or at least hear them better.

W

Whiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
eh i posted this for people like me who have very little money, and are trying to get the edge in games.
so far it seem that custom made ones are awesome, except for the hp wit boosters in them.

K

Kilo Runz Dis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL

-Beaches not beeches

THTS WHAT I USE THERE AMAZINGGGggGG

Top Bottom
Login
Register