What's new

Tutorial Home brew PsVita

A

Arjan

Thanks guys.
Reaction score
Sin$
Homebrew on TN-V4

If you have a PSP XMB in front of you, the next logical step is to want in on some homebrew action. I'll show you how to do that next! If you've hacked your PSP before, this basic setup should be familiar.

tnv_homebrew2.jpg

1. Download any old homebrew you want to install (from dl.qj perhaps) and make sure it's in the following structure: PSP / GAME / [homebrew name] / EBOOT.PBP inside. If the PSP and GAME folders aren't there, you can make them yourself. Gather all the homebrew you want, and place it in the same GAME folder by its unique homebrew name. For example, if I'm installing a SNES and Gameboy emulator at once, I might have a "SNES" and "GBC" folder inside the same GAME directory.
  2. Using Winrar, right click the PSP folder and select "add to archive." Choose the "zip" bubble and name the file "INSTALL.ZIP" in all capitals. For "compression method," it's widely suggested that you pick "store."
  3. Take the newly created INSTALL.ZIP and place it in your exploit save just like you did with the PSP update file. By default it would be somewhere in Documents > PS Vita > SAVEDATA > [unique folder with letters and numbers].
  4. Open the CMA on your PC and Vita just like before, and choose PC to Vita System > Applications > PSP / Other. Select the name of your exploit game and hit the Copy button. The save should be a large-ish file size because it has the homebrew inside.
  5. Boot to the XMB by loading your exploit savedata.
  6. Go to GAME / Memory Stick and you should see at least one icon for the homebrews you are looking to install. Hit triangle on that and select "Install." This may take a couple minutes depending on the amount of stuff you're moving. When it's finished, I would allow it to delete the INSTALL.ZIP to save space.
  7. The content won't appear right away, but go to another menu, come back to Memory Stick, and you should see it all there. Now just launch it and see what works!

Top Bottom
Login
Register