• Views 1,319
B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
The Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 3 will let users stream higher resolution textures by installing content found on the game's second disc, DICE has revealed.

"There's a voluntary install on the 360," said Battlefield 3 producer Patrick Liu speaking to GamerZines yesterday.

"I think Rage did it as well, where you can install content to stream higher res textures.

According to Liu, the game's single-player, co-op and multiplayer are also split up between the two discs, although he wouldn't confirm which modes are present on which disc.

It's not yet known whether the PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will also include the same hi-res textures on the Blu-ray disc.
That is a positive. By installing it directly to the HDD, it's less 'wear and tear' on the console and the disc drive, although I am still doubtful about how "hi-res" the texture will be and whether the console can genuinely support it, with minimal to no issues at all.

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/battlefield-3-360-texture-disc.html

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Modder
Reaction score
That's cool I wish they had some pics so we could see the difference.

V

v5isAWESOME

Reaction score
That is a positive. By installing it directly to the HDD, it's less 'wear and tear' on the console and the disc drive, although I am still doubtful about how "hi-res" the texture will be and whether the console can genuinely support it, with minimal to no issues at all.

I think he means you will install content from the second disk to your HDD and play the first disk. Then the disk and HDD will work in tandem to produce better quality.

I could be wrong tho.

ERRM

ERRM

Trololo
Reaction score
Well if this is actually possible I will be excited for other games to be able to do this.

xShockz

xShockz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i read this the other day. im excited. still going to be better on pc though :.(

crovean

crovean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz, I think this si going to be one of those things that either makes the game lag hella bad or it's going to make almost no difference. Then some people will say it looks amazing and others will say it freezes their xbox. It's bound to happen. I am currently very excited about it but I do agree, how can they make it higher quality when the graphics almost already push the consoles ****** limits.

Exvidious

Exvidious

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he means you will install content from the second disk to your HDD and play the first disk. Then the disk and HDD will work in tandem to produce better quality.

I could be wrong tho.
Kinda like the way Forza is where it has a second disc with more cars and tracks to download.

Top Bottom
Login
Register