Hex Editing Fable II

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Brown Wigga, Nov 9, 2008 with 13 replies and 2,552 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How do you hex fable to get alot of money. I dont like that date ****, its too easy and time consuming.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hackingandmodding

Hackingandmodding Getting There

Ratings:
    You cant hex it but there are some posts on glitches for pub games. Oh one more thing "Search Button".

• Like Like x 1
  3. PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it's much easier just do to the internal time thing...im sitting on 1.3mil because of it =] and my income is 12k atm :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I do believe there is some sorta protection on the fable 2 save data. If you want to hex the gold amount, just do a search with the type of "unsigned long" for the amount that you have. There should be only one or two matching results that is the gold amount you should change.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Repoman 108

Repoman 108 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ahm...no...no protection...i wrote up a tut for it the other day

• Like Like x 1
  6. dewrules463

dewrules463 Newbie

Ratings:
    i can help anyone who may be in need. i got multiples of all the legendaries, 999,999,999G, n all the rare items including chicken suits, quest items, n all the stuff from pub games. this is my gamesave and i didnt rip this from any websites, this gamesave belongs to me. i also know how to duplicate items. so just pm me or send me a message on xbl my gt: DEW463 if you need any help at all. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Theres a way around it, I have to find that tut though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Repoman 108

Repoman 108 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ...did no one read my post?... if you are so persistent about this magical protection then take a look here
    v
    v
    v
    v
    [Click here to view the link]

sorry for linking to a different site but i felt like ending this topic once and for all.

9. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
  10. Repoman 108

Repoman 108 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ...you are aware that that is my tutorial right?...
    1. i said that i would provide a link to the tutorial ages ago. but nobody replied.
    2. i then posted a link to it. and you still posted this after id already given a link
    and 3. it clearly says on the bottom of the tutorial if youd bothered reading it, that it was made by me. and to ask permission from me before posting on other sites.

11. qcx2987

qcx2987 Newbie

Ratings:
    i'm using your tutorial now, and just wondering if i'm trying to solve my problem the wrong way.

what i'm trying to do is keep a copy of one of my Fable II (locked cause it use the limited edition code in my profile) with locked codes i can only move them from my hard drive vs just making a straight copy from the control panel to my MU. i've spent day trying to do it with xploder and 360 SR but could never get it back off of my desktop and into the MU so i though that maybe if i just modified the file using a hex editor (which hex editor do you recomment) would be easier, and than came up with a though that might be simpler (assuming that it's possible to do)

the reason i want to keep that save file intact is that it as 100 of every weapon, expression books and key trade items that i give away to anyone that wants them in the game. if i give them from a locked account, i always need to add more of the same items from one of my unlocked saves that i just continue to dupe, but it's a time consuming task to trans 1 item at a time. so i just want to make a back up copy of that save and than move it to my hard drive and have it with all the items again.

so my though would be to:

1. move that game save from my 360 hard drive to a MU
    2. copy the game save from the mu to the pc using exploder (this would be my master game save)
    3. play the game using the file stored on my mu and give away all the items in that save to people that want them
    4. when i'm almost out of items, put the mu back into the xploder cradle and copy the fable master game save back to the MU and start the process all over again

so all that for this simple question. will this option work. dont want to try it and lose everything in that game save

tks in advance

12. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Well I figured people like opening a word doc better whan getting online, getting on Se7enSins.com, logging in, looking for their thread, then looking for yours, following another link. People are lazy these days dude.

13. Repoman 108

Repoman 108 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so you're asking if its possible for you to make a backup of your herosave on your computer so then you can waste all your items ingame and then just reconnect your HDD or MU to your pc using the transfer cable or xport or whatever you use, and then just replace the wasted file with the backup? yeah you can do that. just make sure you keep a backup of that file on your pc somewhere safe. oh and if you want you can make 6 copies of that save on your pc, change the names so theyre Hero000, Hero001, Hero002, Hero003, Hero004, Hero005 and then hex edit the name of the hero inside the save (for Hero000 do a search in unicode for "Hero 1") and name them all accordingly so they are numbered with names Hero000 through to Hero005 and in hex it goes Hero 1 through to Hero 6. then just paste that in your HDD and you'll have 6 working copies of the same save at one time.

14. iwantthemoney

iwantthemoney Contributor

Ratings:
    Mod Fable 2 and Bypass the Checksum

You can easily mod fable 2 and bypass the checksum in the gamesave. Simply max out the stats incrementally without adding any additional digits. That way you don't have to deal with the the hassle of figuring out what you've added / subtracted and all that other nonsense with fixing the checksum. This tutorial and video are provided by [Click here to view the link].

For example:

1. If you have 10 gold/money, change this to 99 gold when editing the gamesave.

2. If you have 100,000 renown, change this to 999,999 renown when editing the gamesave.

3. Then, when you load up your game, get at least one additional gold/money and/or renown, save your game, and then go back and max that out when editing the gamesave.

4. Keep repeating this process until you reach 999,999,999 for both gold/money and renown. Gold/Money stops being counted at this point, and renown starts to reset back to zero after a couple of billion.

Video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gClVYRWhpxM"]YouTube - Fable 2 - Mod Unlimited Gold and Renown and bypass the Checksum - 720p HD[/ame]​

:smile: Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.