Hex Edit License

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by wailer, Jul 8, 2009 with 7 replies and 647 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wailer

wailer Newbie

Ratings:
    I know that we will probabaly never see a pirs or live resigner for xbla titles, however I was reading a post the other day that gave me some new thoughts on the subject. I was thinking that it might be possible to hex edit your xbl content license to include someone elses profile, similar to the way the xbox license transfer tool works on xbox.com. Anyone with any knowledge in the subject of hex editing, pirs, or live resigning feel free to give some much needed thoughts on the subject. Otherwise, unless you are 100% sure that you know what you are talking about, please do not post in here making claims that may or may not be true. I would really appreciate some help on this.

2. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you can hex edit your license you can write a program for it. It not gonna happen. The keys are still stored in the microsoft database. These keys are kept private so there is no acess to them like the KV.bin in the 360.

3. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Mojo is right, only MS has the KV.bin that we need to resign LIVE files. And yes, it is absolutely necessary.

4. OP
    wailer

wailer Newbie

Ratings:
    so why do programs for dev kits work? do they already have the KV.bin that we need? I have found a live resigner, however it only works for dev kit 360s and not retail ones. I would think that the program would still need the KV.bin that is required.

5. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Because a devkit can run unsigned codes. A retail cannot.

6. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Dev Kits run dev code, not unsigned code....

7. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    There really isnt a big difference. Its not like it can be taken on a retail anyway...

8. Space Gate

Space Gate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you resign a DLC that you can buy on disc like TBoGT to another Console?Cause I have the problem that my DLC only runs when I sign into XLive.(Have done the License Transfer Tool(payer))