What's new

Discussion Here is why Windows 8.1 is better than Windows 10 [Don't Switch - Unless]

• Thread starter Xx ChEEZE iTz xX
  • Start date
  • Views 3,257
Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is my reasons why I think Wondows 8.1 is better than Windows 10.

1. 80% of the time you load Windows 8.1 on ANY computer it boots fast.

2. It comes default full
encrypted, (Unlike Windows 10)

3. If you use Windows 10 (for free) it has no emcryption at all.

4. Finally No matter what, When I use 8.1 in comparison to Win10 the speed is so much different, I'm telling you if anyone wants to just humor
me and DL for free (from microsoft) it runs sooo much smoother.

Yes I won't sit here and say that Windows 8.1 is more compatible with apps, because its not, Everything is gonna turn Windows 10 soon, But 8.1 still runs updates just as much as 10.

If you pay for Windows 10, then its much better on the security and speed side. Then I would still use Windows 10, But I shouldn't have to pay for security. (Thats why 8.1 is boss)

Operating System
  1. Windows
Last edited:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd love to see the research behind the claims you're making.

Edit: asking because this wouldn't be the first thread on this topic that you've made without any proof of what you're claiming.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
The proof is in my general daily use with both OS

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course a newer OS will run slightly slower on old machines. It's optimized for newer machines.

Windows 10 is better for MANY reasons. The main reason is better support and better security.

Windows 10 still runs amazingly well. It runs better than Vista, a (******) 10 year old OS.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
You act like i need a link, or a deep analysis but I don't because everyone has a different experience, with every OS, BUT I have had way more viruses and crashes with Windows 10. So my
knowledge behind it isn't small, I keep giving Windows 10 chance and chance and Still 8.1 works like a boss. And 10 is a little b**** cause you need 4G or
more to run the Os which is garbage in my
opinion

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You act like i need a link, or a deep analysis but I don't because everyone has a different experience, with every OS, BUT I have had way more viruses and crashes with Windows 10. So my
knowledge behind it isn't small, I keep giving Windows 10 chance and chance and Still 8.1 works like a boss. And 10 is a little b**** cause you need 4G or
more to run the Os which is garbage in my
opinion
These things that you stated in the op are hardly opinion based. It's extremely frustrating to see "alternative facts" for topics such as this.
1. 80% of the time you load Windows 8.1 on ANY computer it boots fast.

2. It comes default full
encrypted, (Unlike Windows 10)

3. If you use Windows 10 (for free) it has no emcryption at all.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
These things that you stated in the op are hardly opinion based. It's extremely frustrating to see "alternative facts" for topics such as this.

I am just giving my personal opinion on which OS runs smoother and safer (for me) because I have in the past dealt with much troubles with Windows 10 and not nearly as much With Windows 8.1.

Encryption is the main reason I won't upgrade (I have upgraded twice too windows 10 and I always come back)

Because if you want full disk encryption with windows 10 you must pay for it. And I really can't afford that sh*t

Last edited:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
but Ive ran into, (RANSOMWARE) on Win 10. When Windows 8.1 never really had virus problems, So im saying with self
experience, Windows 8.1 seems
I can understand that you might feel safer on Windows 8.1, but that doesn't really make any sense. The chances of a virus discriminating based on your operating system is slim to none, and if it is doing that, it would definitely be because it's exploiting some type of Zero-day exploit (which would be another category all by itself, tbh). Your everyday average malware doesn't care what version of Windows you're running. Once it can install itself and execute it's payload, you're infected. Speaking from a security standpoint (and a rather obvious one), Windows 10 is clearly safer than Windows 8.1.

The fact that you're even encountering ransom-ware, and those categories of applications shares a lot of information in itself.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
I can understand that you might feel safer on Windows 8.1, but that doesn't really make any sense. The chances of a virus discriminating based on your operating system is slim to none, and if it is doing that, it would definitely be because it's exploiting some type of Zero-day exploit (which would be another category all by itself, tbh). Your everyday average Malware doesn't care what version of Windows you're running. Once it can install itself and execute it's payload, you're infected. Speaking from a security standpoint (and a rather obvious one), Windows 10 is clearly safer than Windows 8.1.

The fact that you're even encountering ransom-ware, and those categories of applications shares a lot of information in itself.
Came out of nowhere to, I think it was because it was a flaw in Google Chrome, I had a random (repair your windows pop up) that would not close whatever I did and it force downloaded a "anti-virus" then immediately turned my PC off, then asked me too pay money for a serial, Then what i did was flip off my computer and reloaded my original windows disc (luckily I had nothing Important on my PC/ Which I never really do store important information on my PC, I wasn't mad it happen, Just real annoyed.) (I knew it was fake too because my OS was genuine and never asked for a serial because it was digitally licensed.)

Last edited:
Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry for the arguement.

Last edited:
Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
I can understand that you might feel safer on Windows 8.1, but that doesn't really make any sense. The chances of a virus discriminating based on your operating system is slim to none, and if it is doing that, it would definitely be because it's exploiting some type of Zero-day exploit (which would be another category all by itself, tbh). Your everyday average malware doesn't care what version of Windows you're running. Once it can install itself and execute it's payload, you're infected. Speaking from a security standpoint (and a rather obvious one), Windows 10 is clearly safer than Windows 8.1.

Your probably right though, hence you speak like you've dealt with OS and coding.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry for the arguement.
No need to be sorry. I'm glad we both understand where the other is coming from. Just make sure to have factual information if you're going to make claims that seem factual. :biggrin:

H

HypeThang880

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Quick question, was you high when typing this?

Everything that you've said is complete BS.
Windows 10 is a lot better than 8.1. enough said.

YOU need to provide proof to your claims, sir.

I

Infamia

Reaction score
Sin$
1) 8.1/8 was hated in the first place, 8.1 is practically w10 but with that bulls*** tile desktop env glued ontop
2) proof? i can also say my windows7 machine runs faster than all the OSs because .. [insert autism] [blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa]
3)
>8.1 is more secure than 10
zryQKT1.png

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
because everyone has a different experience, with every OS, BUT I have had way more viruses and crashes with Windows 10.

And 10 is a little b**** cause you need 4G or more to run the Os which is garbage in my opinion

Here are some things you said that I'm going to elaborate on.

Your OP is coming out as a concrete fact, but you say so yourself that people will have different experiences. Those experiences come into play in the second line that you said above.

Today most people buying new computers will rack up a minimum of 4-8gb of ram. Just because you're running your computer with less ram does not reflect the average user. You purchased a rig that was optimized with 2gb and to run with 8.1 it sounds like, so why do you think it'll run the same when upgrading to a whole different OS?
So to me it looks like you're comparing 2 completely different OS's but as if they had the same hardware.
I'd suggest you use a computer optimized for 8.1 and another computer optimized for 10 and to compare your findings at that point.

megabrownMUSCLES

megabrownMUSCLES

Reaction score
Sin$
This is Russian-Sponsored propaganda. I have no doubt in my mind that OP is a deep cover FSB agent and is here on behalf of the Kremlin. No, but seriously, please do elaborate on your claims. Spreading false information like this and misleading those less knowledgeable is repulsive.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
Sin$
This is Russian-Sponsored propaganda. I have no doubt in my mind that OP is a deep cover FSB agent and is here on behalf of the Kremlin. No, but seriously, please do elaborate on your claims. Spreading false information like this and misleading those less knowledgeable is repulsive.
repulsive? alittle steep wording lol

dont you think...

505_

505_

"Milkshake?"
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows 8.1 is microsoft`s downfall, no offense but its ******.

Top Bottom
Login
Register